Chapter 50: Disowned

Everyone, enjoy reading. 💋💋

"Beela. Calm down."

I tapped my feet further and held unto my phone.

"It's all settled now, isn't it?" I continue to tap my feet and watch the lights of the houses we pass crawl by.

"Beela." He sighs my name out.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really angry." He nods and drives faster. I tap my phone and open my Quran app to read a few verses.

I get so engrossed with reading that I don't realise we've driven into the garage and Adeel is waiting for me to notice.

"Ya Allah, Adeel, you could have told me fa." I open the door and step out of the car, Adeel hot on my heels.

He opens the backdoor to the main kitchen and dining area and we find everyone in the living room watching the television.

I just greet them and pass, Adeel sits back on the couch while I climb the stairs in my anger.

Once I take off my clothes, I call Safiyya.

"Saffy. Don't ever, in your life, allow them to blackmail you like that. Your schooling is sponsored by me." She bursts into tears, I get slightly irritated.

"When have I ever told you my father ever paid for a dime? Even when my business was about to collapse last year, he didn't supply a Kobo." She cries harder and I feel the need to let her know.

"All these is all by the grace of Allah and my own hardwork. If I agree to send you to school with my profits it's my business. You are my sister." I tap my feet on the tiled floor waiting for her to quiet down.

"So next time, when he says he has a hand in your fees, please don't be gullible enough to let him pull you into such rubbish. You are a nineteen year old that has your life ahead of you In Sha Allah. Okay?" She mutters an Okay and I hang up.

I look up to see Adeel at the door, leaning on the doorjamb. I huff and walk away to the closet where I dress in a black pair of silk pajamas.

"You know, you could have handled talking to Safiyya better. She's still heartbroken." I turn to him and pause in the motions of tying a satin scarf around my shoulder length hair.

He nods when he finds my eyes on him and tears in mine. "I didn't have anyone to stand up for me Adeel. No one." I sit on the bed, the satin scarf loosens from my hand and falls to the floor.

"No one thought they should say anything, when in fact it was what they all wanted for their daughters. Marry a rich comfortable man and have many children." I swipe my eyes angrily.

"All my life, I feel like I was rushed through secondary and University to just be a wife." I remember how immediately after my convocation that my parents didn't attend, that they didn't celebrate. They pushed me into a man's arms for a paltry sum of money.

"Now, they want to do the same thing to my sister. Most of all my mother, that fool, that is supposed to be a discerning voice told Saffy they would stop paying her fees. As though they've ever contributed one dime!" My voice goes higher at the end.

Adeel pats my back. I didn't even notice he had reached me. I lean on him and he pats my back in a soothing motion.

I look up and our gazes lock. In his, I see a few emotions swirling. I look away quickly but I feel a hand on my neck direct my head back to him.

"I'm lucky to have you Beela. Very lucky. Such protection for your sister. Such love for my family. I pity those who don't have an advantage of your love. They don't know what they are missing." Tears spring to my eyes and I let them drop this time, I shut my eyes to clear the blur in my eyes.

Then I feel feather kisses on my eyes. On each eyelid. On my nose. On my lips. Ya Allah.

I lick my lips and pry open my eyes. Adeel taps my back " Get ready for bed." I turn to face  the mirror and tie my head scarf.

That was close!!!

********

"What do you mean you found someone for her to marry Father?" I out my free hand in my scarf to scratch the itch in the middle of my bun.

"She's my daughter. I'd like to see her settled. Married to a billionaire like Adeel or Nadir before I retire and sell the business."

I look at him and hiss lowly.

"No Father. Her mother hadn't said she's tired of her. At least not yet and she's just nineteen. Her mates in the south are still in the bosom of their mothers. Steer clear of my sister or Wallah, you'll never see her again."

His face turns angry. I tap on my desktop computer with one hand compiling orders as though I haven't seen his face change.

"I'll go ahead with the preparations." My sleepy eyes fly open.

"Your groom will marry without a bride then. Because Wallahi, you will see me in action. Do you know how you collapsed my life? For Nadir? For money? Do you know the scorn and heartache I received from that family because you married me off?"

He looks down.

"Did you know about my miscarriage? How Nadir beat me nearly everyday for two years? How paying you two hundred and fifty million was a thorn in my heart?" He looks on.

I shake my head out of the fog of unhappiness it is in and return my mind to my orders and my rascally father.

"If you didn't see all these things, there's no point being called my father. You only paid, you didn't see the emotions that I grew with. At the moment, I'm a stranger to you." I gesture towards the door.

"Are you sending me out of here?" He asks and I laugh.

"If that is what it looks like. Father." I look up to his eyes.

"You will regret this. Wallahi." I hiss lightly.

"I've regretted nearly very decision you've taken for my life, what more this one?" He bangs his closed fist on my table making my computer shake.

"I disown you. Don't come back to my house if anything goes wrong."

"Since I left, have I ever come back?" He humphs and walks out of my office.

I lay my head on my desk and cry. Hard.

*******

Hi everyone,

Good evening, like, I don't know how to express my joy. My joy is bubbling like lava, thank you all for thirty frigging thousand. 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽

I hope we enjoyed the chapter, if we did, please go back and comment. Dan Allah, Ejo, Biko. Please Goan comment. Then before you leave, please vote.

I'll update very soon. I promise, my school workload has reduced a bit and I've going my footing. Phew, A girl is tired.

Have fun this coming week, and for my Muslim sweethearts, please put me and the rest of the world in your prayers.

Lastly, Ayshatou__ published her book 'I was Created like This' in hard copy. Swwweeeett, ikr, let's support by ordering for the copies beforehand. I hear for some states, delivery is free💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽.

See y'all soon.

God bless us all.

TheOmoope 💋🌟