Questions and Answers

1)If you can go back and change the relationship between her and her motherWill you? And why?

I probably wouldn't. Because, there are lots of women in the world whose mothers aren't very suitable. They wish everyday they had a different one. It was a conscious effort to make Nabeela's mother into what she is because I wanted to see her evolve, evolve did she.

However, in the deepest part of my heart, I wish she were a better mother.

2)how hard was it writing a Muslim characterized book.

Sometime last year, I'd have probably said 'that's the most difficult thing I've ever undertaken', now, I breeze through chapters, Soiled was incredibly easier to write than Ajike because I knew what I was doing this time around, yeah I had the foundation while writing Ajike(my fave), but Soiled tested me.

So, I'd say it's one bittersweet thing. No longer difficult.

3)Which Character do you feel connected the most to apart from Nabeela?

I DON'T FEEL CONNECTED TO NABEELA!!!!
Nabeela is one of those characters that I've struggled to write her story because after the melancholic section, I lost interest, I used her character to ride the storm of a few personal things going on with me late last year and now, I feel like I've lost our connection.

Now, Zeenah. Zeenah is my best character at the moment. She's Everything I can't ever be. Medical doctor, Etc etc, you know her.

She's always probably dictating how I put her in scenes and all. She's my fave.

4)Will Adeel marry me?(This is the most important question😑)

Dan Allah sweetheart, if he doesn't what is he waiting for? I'll flog him to the mosque on your behalf.

4) Did you base your characters from past experience or someone you know

Yes, I based some of them on real life experiences or other times, on things I just randomly think about.

5) How alike are you to Nabeela in real life?

Nah, I'm nearly an opposite to Nabs, she's a complicated human with a lot of trust issues, a whole lot of other issues which you know of, it's not in my character not to be trusting. I think it's the fact that I place too much trust and expectations on people that allow them to let me down.

6) Don’t you think the decision Nabeela’s mom took was too harsh, I mean no matter what, a mother should not disown her daughter especially out of anger and because of worldly things.

I think this reply needs emojis.

Ah, sister, 😟😭😭😭, some mothers are wicked, some have no maternal bone in their body and due to societal pressure they give birth to children which they foist unrealistic expectations on. Many of the things Nabeela did, her mother didn't expect any, none of them. She'd raised Nabeela to be quiet, not quick to anger and docile. It was the way she raised her to ensure that she would be pliable.

So, I think that many mothers do worse. I heard of a sad real life case yesterday and I swear, I got really thankful for the mother God gave me.

So guys, see y'all when I return from my exams. 😛😛😛.

A girl is tired.

TheOmoope.