Chapter 27: The Kidnapping

Hi guys, thank you for 6.5k reads. It feels like I'm finally doing something right and yayy it's my birthday🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊💃💃💃💃. I'm excited for today and I'll need your prayers. Please don't forget to comment, I'd love to know what you think.

ADEEL BABA HASSAN

After eid prayers, Mama, Inna saude and the rest assembled at the carpark waiting on Beela and Muad'h's wife.

"Ajike's number isn't reachable. Maybe due its  to network. But I'm sure they are on this eid ground." Fawad is holding tightly to my hand as I try Beela's number, it rings and its picked. Alhamdulilahi

"Nabeela, what part of the eid ground are you guys on." Safiyya's sniveling voice hits my ears and my heart feels like it dropped to my stomach.

"Safiyya, be clear? What do you mean kidnapped?Two women, one pregnant. Innalilahi

"Where are you?" She tells me where she is and I turn to a cousin of mine to help me go get her.

"Maama, Nabeela and Ajike have been kidnapped by unknown gun men." My mother gasps and she immediately leans on my father who holds onto my mother's arms. I stare over Zarah's veiled head and over the sea of people coming out of the huge football field that has served as eid ground for many years in Chiroma.

Mu'adh's security people! After a kidnap scare many years ago, before Fawad  was born, Mu'adh took serious care of his family's security.

" Muad'h call your security people in Abuja." He makes the  phone call and says what makes me feel like sitting on the bare sand outside the eid ground.

Ya Ilahi.

"It was an inside job, her tracking bracelet was removed before they were taken. So as of now, no one knows where they are." I hit a bonnet in complete frustration and think of how they could have gotten kidnapped.

My phone vibrates against my sweaty palm and I look down to see a message from my security team.

"Sir, we just tracked a faint signal going thirty kilometers west of where you are. They are moving at a high speed too."

My heart stops and begins pounding hard again. I faintly hear my mother saying we should go home  to plan next. I forward the message I just received to my father and he steps away to make a phone call. We don't know who we are dealing with.

"Let's go home to wait. No attention drawing to ourselves. They will feed off our fear."  I nod at my father and get into the car with Fawad tightly clasped in my hands, like a baby.

I've not even had the chance Beela a lot of things. Like how I wished she smiled at me the way she smiles at my mother or Safiyya, how I wish she smiled more and brooded less, how i really want her to stop staring unseeingly at things, how I wish she wore the colour lemon more, how I wished I could taste her date coffee. I'll beat whoever took her to pulp when I see them.

Sir, the signal just went off. We have no idea what direction they went. There is a T junction, one point five kilometers away. We only know that at the last check, they were thirty five kilometers west of where you are.

My hands shake and I almost drop my phone, a few minutes ago I had hope, plenty of hope. Now my hope just dropped from hundred to thirty. I can only  wait on Allah for a miracle.

I tap Muad'h.

" Anything?" He shakes his head and wipes his red rimmed eyes. Out of the corner of my left eye I see Inna Saude sitting so stoically in the next car.