Chapter 9 - The Real Story

Fionnas P.O.V. 

                               "Why did you do that?!" l herd Marshalls voice shout. "What? You know she wouldn't have come willingly." A different person said, but l couldn't tell who it was. "Ughhh. Whatever, its over now and l think shes coming to." Marshalls voice again. He was right though, l was waking up.

                                    My eyes fluttered open. l looked around at my surroundings. It looked like a plain old house. There was a kitchen, and a living room, and stairs. Was l in Marshalls house? No l couldn't be. His house s in Aaa and lm in New York. "Were am l?" l asked very annoyed. Suddenly someone came down the stairs. "Marshall?" l asked. Now l was really confused, but l wasnt sure if that was because of the pain in my head or not. "Fionna! Oh thank Glob your ok!" He exclaimed. "What happened?" l asked, grabbing the part of my head that hurt. "Oh ummm..." He started. "Marshall, before you make up something that  didn't happen. l herd you saying 'Why did you do that?!' and l herd someone reply 'What? You know she wouldn't have come willingly.' l stated. Marshall looked guilty. "Ok.  Spill." l raised my eyebrows. He sighed and sat down beside me. l looked at were we were sitting. A couch? Now l know this isn't Marshalls place, because this couch is not rock hard. 

                                         l looked at Marshall, waiting for him  to begin. "Well when you were walking l followed you because l wanted to talk to you. But one of my friends didnt think you would come so he knocked you unconscious, then we brought you here." He rushed out. 'Ummm, ok?" l said still slightly confused. "But can l ask again... Were am l?" l asked again. "Oh this is my house in New York." He said like it was obvious. "Oh ok. So are you going to tell me what we need to talk about? And considering l just got knocked out to listen to you, this better be good." l said in a sweet but deadly voice.

                                      "Look Fionna, everything you saw that night with Ashley is wrong. l wouldn't have hurt you like that. And l would never have kissed that girl on my own will." He started. l motioned for him to continue. "Here's what really happened..."

               ~~Flashback~~

                        Marshalls P.O.V.

                                       "Fionna you should go, l need her to realize that were OVER." l said 'cause this girl really needs to take a hint. "Ok." Fionna agreed. Then she walked over to me and kissed me. l was a little shocked at first, but l gladly returned the kiss. Ashley gasped like this was unexpected. Fionna pulled away and smirked at Ashley. That's my girl. l thought to myself. When Fionna left l turned to face Ashley.

                                         "Ok, so why are you here? And what do you want?" l asked harshly. "Awww, Marshy don't be like that. l came back here for you." She said like we ere still in love. Reality check. Were not. "Yeah well l don't care cause l don't love you anymore so you need to get the math out of my house!" l said. "You know you don't feel that way, so why do you lie to yourself?" She asked. "Ashley, the only one lying to themselves is you." l said. "l can change your mind." She smirked. "Yeah like that will happen." l laughed. "You wanna bet?" She challenged. "Sure." l said.  

                                      What she did next was really unexpected. She kissed me and l was really shocked. l didn't know what to do but just sit there like an idiot. That is, until Fionna walked in. "Marshall l-" Fionna began, but stopped when she saw us kissing. "Fionna its not what you think!"  l tried to tell her. But she wasn't going to listen. "Are you sure cause its pretty clear that you two were kissing Marshall Lee!"  She shouted. 

                                             l was shocked. She never used my full name before so l could tell she was mad. "Fionna let me explain-" l tried again but she cut me off.  "No Marshall! Just drop it l don't want to hear your excuse's any more! Were over!" She yelled. My heart cracked and when she grabbed her bag and walked out the door, it snapped in two. You would think that a heart couldn't break anymore then that. But when l herd her start to cry, my heart disintegrated.

                                              l turned to look at Ashley who was smirking. l went up to er and smacked that smirk off her face, opened a portal, and sent her to the Night 'O' Sphere. That was the last lve seen or heard of Ashley.

                                  l tried to get a hold of Fionna but Cake wouldn't let me speak to her. Sometimes l would go to her house to see her but then l would see that she was still crying and l didn't want to make it worst. Finally l herd the news. She left. She was gone. She wasn't coming back. l looked for her everywhere but l couldn't fin her. Until my band got a gig in New York.

             ~~End Of Flashback~~      

                Fionnas P.O.V.

                                                l stared at Marshall, processing what he was telling me. l could tell he was telling the truth because of the look in his eyes. l already loved him, but to hear this story  and to know that he never gave up on me just makes me love him even more.

                                                      He looked at me with an expression of hope. "l believe you." l told him. He smiled at me. l smiled back but suddenly l felt really guilty and my smile turned to a frown. "Whats wrong?" Marshall asked worriedly. That just made it worst. Hes worried about me even though l broke his heart. "Marshall, lm so sorry, l jumped to conclusions and l shouldn't have-" l started but he cut me off. He put his lips on mine and kissed me until l needed to breath. "You have nothing to be sorry for. lm the one who should apologize l let her get to me and l shouldn't have. l know her games and l still let that happen." Marshall said. "No. If l would have let you explain then this whole thing wouldn't have happened." l tried once again. He still didn't buy it. l could tell. But he stopped anyways. "Look the only thing that matters is that you know the the truth now. OK?" He said. "Ok." l nodded.

                                               We talked for a while. until l had to leave because it was 2 in the morning. "Bye Marshall." l said. "Bye fi." He said. l was about to walk out the door wen he stopped me. He spun me around and kissed me. When he pulled away l smiled. "Oh yeah and Fionna,"He started. "Yeah?" l asked. "l love you." He said while looking straight into my eyes. "l love you to, Marshy." l smiled and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                    A/n Yeah l really like the song up there and it just reminds me of this book. And thanks sooo much for the 1000+ reads it means soooooo much to me. Well bye now. :D

                                                                                                                                   ~Marcy~