Chapter 15 - Just Close You Eyes

Marshalls P.O.V.

                          "Marshall, that song wasn't for you." 

                            WHAT?! "Uhhh. Come again?" Ok that had to be the dumbest thing l've ever said. Fionna looked like she was trying to hold back laughter. "Dude, did you really just say that?" She stated to laugh. l couldn't help it, when she laughs you just have to laugh along with her. When she was done laughing she got serious again. "Marsh, that song wasnt for you. lt was for Flame." She explained.

                            "What?" l was confused. "Why would that song be for Flame?" l asked. That was a huge mistake. My heart cracked as a single tear rolled down her cheek. "He cheated on me with my best friend." She whispered. That did it. l don't care if lm her true love or not, l was by her side in a flash trying to comfort her in any way l could. "l-lm fine Marshall." She sniffed. l nodded.

                            "Can l ask you something Fi?" l asked. "Of course." She said. "Why did you lie to me about Danny waking you up?" She knew she had been caught. l could tell she lied to me when l came to comfort her and Danny didn't even though he was there and l saw him glancing at us. Fi looked taken aback. "l - uh - you - uh - what?" She stuttered. "Yeah l know." l spat. l don't know why l was getting mad but l was. "l-lm sorry." She looked like she was about to burst into tears. "So am l." l walked away.

                             l don't know why l was being like that. She looked genuinely sorry. So why did l walk away? Because shes been hurt a lot already and all you would do is hurt her more. My inner self said. Oh. Well thats a good reason, so... *Sigh*. l don't know what to do any more. l love her, but every time lm with her l end up hurting her. Glob can be cruel sometimes, but l guess its for the best. l should just stay away from her, shouldn't l?

                                       Why is life so confusing?! l need to have a drink. That will help.

Fionnas P.O.V.

                            Here l am, crying over the same guy just as l did months ago. Why am l so stupid!?! l cant do anything right! l just go and mess everything up! Just then the door to my apartment opens. ln comes my best friends and fellow band members Jewls, Angel, and Kali. l texted them what happened and they rushed over here.

                           Jewls walks over to me and sits on the couch. "We need to get your mind off this. Over Rated?" She asks naming one of my favorite  clubs. l nodded. "Over Rated it is." Kali says with a smile. "Well come on." Angel laughed.

                             We arrived at the club after l changed into a strapless purple tank top and a pair of jean shorts. The other three girls had cloths in their bags because they were planning to take me to this club since l texted them. Even if they had to drag me here. At least thats what they told me.

                                There was flashing lights and people everywhere. The music was so loud l felt a vibrating sensation flow through me. We went up to the bar and ordered a couple drinks. At the end of the bar l saw a dark shape. lt looked familiar. l got up from my seat ignoring the questioning looks my friends gave me and walked towards the end of the bar. l took a seat next to the shape and realized it was a man. Well man really wasn't the word he looked my age.

                              l tapped him on the shoulder. "Uhhh, hey. You ok?" l asked. The boy looked a me. That's when l realized who it was. "MARSHALL?" I was suprised. "Hey doll. What are you doing here?" His words were slurred and his breath reeked of alcohol. "Are you drunk?" l asked although l already knew the answer. "ls it that easy to tell?" He laughed. "Marshall l think you've had enough to drink." l said reaching for his glass. But he stopped me. 

                                  "No, lm fine." He said. l just nodded there was no winning here and l knew it so l just got up to walk away. "Where are you going?" He slurred. "l came here with friends, lm going to go join them." l answered. He nodded so l walked away.

~~ Time Skip About An Hour On The Dance Floor ~~

                                    The girls were right. Going to this club was a perfect distraction. Even though the person l was trying not to think about was sitting at the bar. lt was perfect that is intill a guy came over and started to flirt with me. He was cute. He had Short brown hair and these gorgeous dark blue eyes. His name was Jake. l was giggling and my cheeks were red hot when Marshall came over.

                           "Hey Fi." He didn't sound drunk any more. But he did sounded very angry."Uh, hey Marshall." l said slowly. Jake looked at Marshall then at me. "Hi." Jake said coldly. Marshall looked at him with a venomous glare. Oh crap. Here it goes. What happened next took me a while to process. They didnt argue, no. Marshall went right in and punched Jake in the face. Next thing l know there fighting and people in the club were screaming and making room for them while lm just standing there like an idiot.

                                   l finaly got my my voice back. "STOP!" I cried. "Please!" I tried again. "Marshall please." l whispered. l knew he could hear me though. He looked at me. And l realized l was crying. Jake took this advantage and kneed him in the gut. So l ran over to Jake, took his arm and flipped him over. Then l ran over to Marshall. "Oh my Glob! Marshall are you ok!" He was on the ground so l sat down next to him and put his head in my lap.

                                       All of the sudden he started to cry. "Shhh, shhhh. lts ok. lts ok." l comfrted him. l got him up and brought him to my apartment. l sat on the couchand again his head rested in my lap. He started to cry again. "Marshall whats wrong? He didnt hurt you that bad, did he?" l wanted him to stop crying. lt was heart breaking to see him like this. l felt so bad and l wanted to do anything l could to help him feel better.

                                              l kissed him on the lips and when l pulled away he was looking at me. "W-Why would y-you k-kiss me after e-everything l've done to you?" He stuttered more tears slipping down his face. "Marshall, l love you. You can't get rid of me that easily." l teased. "B-But l-l don't d-deserve y-you." He cried. 'Marshall look at me," l started, he turned his head to look at me. "l love you Marshall and nothing will change that. Everything youve done is in the past, this is the present. l dont care about all that other stuff. All that matters is now and now only." l told him.

                                                He continued to cry. l leaned down and sang quietly in his ear. "Just close your eyes, everythings gonna be just fine. You can peek on the other side." He sniffed and looked me right in the eyes. "l love you Fi, l love you more then you could ever know. l always will." He whispered. "l love you to." l whispered back, and smiled.