Prologue

Brianna stared at the ugly eggshell white colored walls in the hospital. She'd occasionally look over at her brother Marcus hoping that he would wake up soon.

Just a few hours ago everything was fine. It's funny how everything can change in a matter of minutes

She sat back more in her chair resting her head on the wall behind her just replaying last nights events over in her head.

The Day Before

"Marcus get your heavy ass off me. you play to much." Brianna yelled squirming under her brother.

"Well next time when I say wake up you'll know I mean business. It's time for you to go to work so get dressed."

She groaned before throwing the covers off her body and placing her small feet on the floor.

"Marcus I don't wanna go."

"Bri get dressed so I can drop you off man you gon make me late."

For the past two weeks Marcus has been helping his sister out by driving her to and from work.

"Damn I'm so ready for my car to get out of the shop because Marcus you give the worst wake up calls."

"Yup I'm the alarm clock with no snooze button now get dressed." he command walking out her room.

She quickly got up and went into her bathroom cutting on the shower and stepping in. After about 30 minutes she stepped out and brushed her teeth.

She applied lotion then sat down at her vanity to do her hair. She parted her 18 inch Brazilian weave to the side combing out her bang. She swooped her bang to the side then brushed the rest of her hair into a bun.

After she was done with her hair she applied some ruby red Mac lipstick. A little mascara , and lastly a neutral color eyeshadow. She wasn't a big fan of face makeup so she stayed away from foundation , blush and things like that.

She quickly dressed in a black pencil skirt , a white sleeveless top , a nude blazer , and nude red bottoms.

"Marcus I'm ready." She yelled heading downstairs.

"Finally." He laughed walking to the door.

They both made there way to the car getting in and pulling off.

"What time you get off tonight?" Marcus asked looking over at his sister before looking back at the road.

"Like 7."

"Damn sis that bank be working you hard huh?"

"Somewhat." she replied back while playing candy crush on her phone.

Ten minutes later they were pulling up at Bank Of America where she worked. At 21 she was the youngest bank teller there. She leaned over and kissed his cheek goodbye. "Don't be late nigga."

He chuckled "Man I'm always on time."

She nodded "Yeah cp time."

"Cp time?" He repeated in a confused tone.

"Colored people time. You know black people ain't on time for shit."

He laughed "Get out my car."

***
***
***

The day went by fast pretty soon it was 7 and she was walking out the bank. She looked to her left to see her brother already parked just waiting for her.

She quickly walked over and got in the car ready to go home and shower. Today was a long day and all she wanted to do was sleep.

They didn't really talk much in the car Brianna fell asleep almost instantly and Marcus drove quietly lost in his own thoughts.

"Bri?" He tapped her lightly.

"Hmmm?" She answered with her eyes still closed.

"I'm bout to get some food what you want?"

"Ummm some chicken wings."

"Ight I figured that. I'll be right back." he said getting out the car and walking into hooters.

Bang Bang Bang.

Brianna quickly jumped when she herd the sound of guns going off.

She quickly slid into the drivers seat and started the car up before reaching under the seat and grabbing the gun she knew would be there.

She opened the car door and ran to the entrance of the restaurant looking inside for her brother.

"Bri?" She turned around to see her brother leaning against the car holding his stomach. His once white t-shirt covered in blood.

"Shit Marcus." She yelled helping him into the passenger seat of the car before running over to the drivers side and getting in.

"Hey , hey , hey nigga you better keep your eyes open." She yelled slapping his face lightly a few times.

"Man I'm trying it's just my eyes starting to feel heavy."

After he said that she let the tears fall. Speeding up zooming in and out of lanes. Running red lights and stop signs.

"Dear lord I ask that you keep my brother alive. I know he has made mistakes and sinned but he's only human. He's a good person who doesn't deserve to go out like this. He still has a daughter to raise. Please don't take him. I'd rather you take me."

She looked over to see her brother with his eyes still open. A minute later she she was pulling him towards the hospital entrance.

"We need a doctor my brother has been shot." Quickly doctors and nurses swarmed them placing Marcus on a stretcher and taking him to the back.

Now the hard part is having to wait.

6 Hours Later : Present Time

Brianna continued to stare at the hospital walls silently praying that her brother could live to see another day.

"Ughh" Brianna looked up as soon as she herd her brother groan.

"Mar your awake" She yelled walking closer to him.

"Yeah. Sadly."

"Fuck you mean sadly do you know how worried I was about you?"

"Don't be. Look we need to talk about the shooting last night."

"It's not your fault Mar."

"Just listen it-" He stopped talking when the hospital door flew open and in walked guys with guns.
__________________________

Votes & Comments.