Chapter Seventeen : I Gotta Go I Gotta Leave

You say it just isn't fair
And you didn't know
You need to take responsibility for your own
'Cause you're grown and you known, yeah
I gotta go, I gotta leave
So please don't make it hard for me
I've gave enough, I'm tired of love
I gotta let it go
__________________________

"Wait slow down baby. Kay I can't understand you just breathe."

"Chris they took her."

Chris frowned "Karrueche they took who? Baby your not making any sense."

She slowed down. "They took Brianna."

"Why?"

"They found drugs and guns in the house. I was with her but I left to go get some food when I came back she was in the backseat of a cop car. I asked why were they taking her and this police officer said they found drugs and guns in the house. They were here to get August but since she wouldn't tell them were he was or or if this was his house the charged her with everything."

Chris shook his head "Ight Kay let me call Aug."

***
***
***

"What the fuck happened ta my house." August yelled as he looked around. "Brianna!" He yelled out for her.

When she didn't answer he started to get nervous. quickly he pulled out his phone and dialed her number.

He turned around and found it vibrating on the floor.

"What the fuck." August mumbled as his phone started to ring. "Speak."

"Bruh they arrested Brianna." Chris mumbled into the phone.

August hung up immediately and jumped in his car heading to the jail.

He did 80 all the way there.

"How can I help you?" An older woman asked once August reached her desk.

"I'm here to bail out Brianna Simmons how much is her bail."

She looked through her computer for a moment then frowned and looked back up at August. "She was arrested last night but was not brought here she's at St'Lukes Hospital in intensive care."

August shook his head "In the hospital for what. Why was she even arrested? Never mind ma'am." August shook his head and walked away.

***
***
***

"Damn baby sis." Marcus shook his head as he watched his sister sleep.

He had been with her all day making sure she was okay. She had only woke up once to use the restroom.

He leaned back into his chair more just looking at her.

"Not to long ago I was laying in a hospital and you were sitting in my spot worrying about me." He chuckled "Now I know how it feels."

"I should have neve-" he was cut off when August walked into the room.

August when right to Brianna's side.

He frowned once he got a good look at her. "Who did this ta you baybeh?"

"Don't play dumb nigga. She took that ass whoppin' for you."

August stood up. "Fuck is you talking bout Marcus?"

"A crooked cop did this to her. They were looking for you."

August was silent. He just couldn't believe it.

Marcus frowned "You don't got nothin to say. Look at her face nigga. Have you seen her stomach. Two broken ribs. She had to have surgery because they thought one of her ribs would puncture one of her organs."

August still stayed silent.

"You suppose to love her tho. How da fuck did you even let this shit happen?"

"I wasn't even home bitch. Do you really think I would have let this happen of I was there." August moved closer to him then pulled his gun from his waist band " I should have killed you when I had the chance."

"What the fuck are you doing August ?" Brianna questioned as she struggled to sit up. All there loud yelling had woke her up.

Marcus went to help her sit up as August put away his gun.

"Baybeh." August tried to touch her face but she moved her head away.

"Marcus can you give us a minute."

Marcus nodded. "I'll be outside the door Bri. Call me if you need me."

"Baybeh. I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you from this shit. I didn't know this was gon happen."

She nodded "Its okay. But there is something I wanna talk to you about."

He pulled up a chair then sat down and gave her his full attention.

"It's time for you to end this shit."

"Oh lord." August mumbled as he leaned back more into his chair. "I already told you I got unfinished business."

"How long is it gon take for you to tie up all your lose ends? When will you finally be don't with all this shit? What do you want me to do huh? Do I have to beg you August? If you want me to beg I swear to God I will. I have never begged for anything in my life but if begging would make you stop then I would."

He shook his head "You don't have ta beg. You jus don't understand how this street shit works. I can't jus' run from everything. Do you know how dat would make me look?"

"Who the fuck cares? Do you see how I look? It wouldn't matter how you look six feet under cause that's exactly where you gon' be if you don't end this shit once and for all."

He sighed "I'm doing this for us."

"No your doing this for yourself. So you can feel better about the fact that Mel died trying to protect you."

He frowned then stood up "So we throwing low blows now."

She shook her head "No that's not what I'm trying to do."

"Why you want me leave the game so bad now anyway. Being in the game is how I met you."

"That's not something you should be proud of. Look at how we met."

He shook his head. "Man you trippen."

"No I just want you to be safe. You and Mel had been doing damage in this game for some years but all good things must come to an end. You need to get out before it's to late."

"No." was all he said

She nodded "I'm sorry."

Now he was truly confused. "Sorry for what?"

"For this." She mumbled as she took off the promise ring he had given her. "It's over Aug."

He nodded but didn't take the ring. "Keep it."

She locked eyes with him "I hope when I see you again I don't have to be in a black dress surrounded by sad singing and flower bringing."

He chuckled "Man fuck you."
________________________

Twice In One Day. Y'all Gotta Love Me.

I Really Been Feeling Like Writing. I Went To See August & Chris Last Night. The Concert Was Good Asf, When I Tell Y'all August Had Me Going Crazy.

He Inspired Me. Anyway Y'all Know What I Want.

The Votes & Comments Please & Thank You.