Chapter 5 - The 2nd Night

The night had been a long one - it had been pitch black outside since 15:30, and with no power for the lights, candles had burnt down to crisp and torches were running low on precious batteries. The crew had watched movies throughout the evening, and at around 21:00 the batteries finally died.
"Come on Cray we'll go and get some more" Bazz said, winking at Elliot. Elliot understood what he meant - they were leaving Kath and Elliot some alone time. They were in Bazza's room, under his bed covers for warmth. Bazz and Cray left, and a conversation started in the room.
"Hey Elliot?" Kath asked.
"Yeh?" Elliot replied.
"Can I sleep with you again?" She questioned. Elliott didn't hesitate.
"Sure, you are allowed in my room at any time" Elliot answered kindly, smiling. Kath smiled weakly back. At that moment Cray and Bazz stormed back in.
"CHOCOLATES!" Cray squealed in his high pitched voice, as he was carrying a large box of Chocolates. Everyone was hungry and all 50 were gone within 10 minutes.

22:51
Elliot came back into his room to go to bed after brushing his teeth. He saw Kath already there, deep under the covers, her head peeping above. They muttered greetings and a tired Elliott settled next to her. He noticed her shivering.
"You're cold" Elliott said and he faintly saw her nod in the darkness. He snaked a long arm round her and pulled her close into his warmth. She accepted the offering. She settled next to him. 10 minutes later, he decided to strike a conversation.
"Hey Kath?" He asked
"Uh huh?" She replied sleepily.
"I was listening to the radio earlier and the guy said the blizzard could last 2 weeks. That could be two weeks we are stuck in this house". Kath lead there thinking, and eventually replied.
"I'm glad you're here with me then". The soft words made Elliott's heart miss a beat. He was about to reply but heard Kath's breathing deepen as she fell into a deep sleep. He whispered "I'm glad you're here with me too" but he couldn't be sure if she had heard.

A/N : Thanks for the support on this story. It means a lot to me. I will try to update once or twice a week. I have just had Parents evening, 3 science tests and a geography test so it has been a struggle. I would love a vote as I put in a lot of effort. Thank you for reading!