Searching For Secrets (part 2)

Austin/Vector's P.O.V.

When I stepped out of the teleporter, I realized something was seriously different about the room.

"When did that get here?" Tamra asked, pointing to the fifth transport on the platform. It looked exactly like ours, but with a different avatar on its screen.

"It seemed as if the platform automatically adjusted itself to fit this new pod," my best friend thought aloud. "But why?"

We all turned to V.E.R.A. expectantly. She answered with no hesitation. "The platform is designed to adjust and fit the fifth transportation pod in case of Giga's sudden return."

Trey huffed. "There's that name again. Giga."

I sighed, walking over to the other side of the computer table. I looked at my cyber-sister, staring at her with a deadly serious expression. "V.E.R.A., we really need you to tell us who this Giga is."

She stared at me blankly, like usual. "Need, or want?" She asked firmly.

"Need V.E.R.A.," Tamra confirmed, standing next to me. Trey and Parker stood on the other side of her. "If we don't know who our new teammate is, then the next time Megabyte strikes, could be our last. She's the only one of us who can fight the sentinels with their new upgrade."

V.E.R.A. straightened her back. "If that's the case, I can upgrade all of your suits to have them ready by later this day." She began typing on the computer at lightning speed, per usual.

"Stop avoiding the question," Trey said. "Who is Giga?"

She stopped, mid-type. "I cannot tell you; my coding prevents me from discussing Giga's real self without her command to allow me to."

"Oh come on," Parker urged. "You can defy your code for something this little like our new teammate's identity-"

Suddenly, V.E.R.A. smashed her hands on the desk. "No, I cannot! Revealing Giga's true identity is dangerous information and should not be trifled with. My code states that I may only discuss her real name when she reveals herself to you personally and gives me the word. Do not tell me to defy my code!"

Her eyes were clouded with anger during her rant, but immediately after they changed to regret. They widened and she cupped her hands over her own mouth. "I-I-I am sorry," she stuttered, for the first time ever. V.E.R.A.'s hands returned to the keyboard and she kept her eyes glued on the screen. "I shall continue with the upgrade. Time of upgrade completing is approximately 3.06 hours to..."

My attention no longer was focused on her words, or anything of V.E.R.A. at all. Instead, my gaze fell on the blonde next to me as she gently tugged on the ends of her sleeve every now and then. Her facial features were relaxed, her legs in a sort-of lean back and chill position as she rested her arm on top of one of the higher, sky blue table.

I took into account that her hair was pulled back from her peachy face by a simple skinny black headband, though it didn't prevent the later baby hairs curling right in front of her face. She didn't seem to mind at all, but it pestered me a little. It might've only blocked that little part of her face but it's still blocking those who pass by from seeing those sparkling dark emerald eyes. But that smile on her face, it seemed rather forced.

As I silently inspected her, I realized Tamra might've done this on purpose. Not for a fashion statement like she usually does for her vlog followers. Like she knew it was like this the entire day and decided to not let it change. It was like a mistake that she didn't mess with or fix.

So I made the decision to fix it for her.

Carefully, I reached over and pulled back that little strand of hair from her face, tucking it right behind her ear. She inhaled sharply and whipped her head over to meet my eyes. Hesitantly, I pulled my hand back to my side and stared down at my red Nike sneakers, my face burning from embarrassment. What was I thinking? I thought.