No Pressure... Right? (Part 2)

Austin/Vector's P.O.V.

"Vector, Enigma just sent us the signal," Parker informed me, closing his screen, "what do we do now?"

I shrugged as I continued to stare out the tinted window screens of the Codec down at the castle. "I'm surprised Giga never suggested any plans."

"My plans," she said, "were to ask what your thoughts were of how to attack, then we all pitch in our ideas based on yours. After all, you are the leader."

Not really feeling like a leader right now, I thought to myself, as I tried to focus on the throne room window.

"It doesn't matter if you feel like a leader or not," Trey spoke up, coming up to my side, "what matters is that you are the leader of the Guardians and need to help us think of a distraction for Enigma."

I turned around and crossed my arms, straightening my back. "Well, whatever the distraction is, it will have to be big enough to for sure get Megabyte's and Hexadecimal's attention and bait them outside."

"Like an explosion?" Parker asked with added jazz hands to mimic fireworks. 

Giga turned to him. "That might work," she said, "if we attack his castle, it would seem like a sort of elimination tactic. Would Megabyte be threatened after such attempt?"

I shook my head. "If anything, he'll see through our distraction and continue guarding the throne room."

Our blue guardian snapped his fingers in realization. "What if we did that explosion, but had Giga as Enigma sneak into the castle and pretend to be searching for them somewhere?"

"A distraction for a distraction!" Parker concluded. "That might work!"

"One little hiccup," Giga said, pressing her fingertips together. She turned to the other nerd. "You said that this is the game Fortress Command, right?"

He nodded in an unsure matter. "Yeah, Megabyte used his dark code to infect the game and transform it into this."

"Yeah, about that... unless I can keep my static step on the entire time without draining my battery, once I step onto that ground, it's game over for me."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, uncrossing my arms and turning fully towards my team.

"Because I'm bionic, code is literally running through my veins. If I touch the ground without proper protection-"

"It will infect your code and you'll be forced to go to the dark side," Parker finished grimly. She nodded. "Megabyte and the Sourcerer will be able to see inside your brain - all your memories, secrets, files, powers..."

"... and if they manage to restart my programs and hack into all of Adam Carter's files in my mind..."

"... they'll be able to control your thoughts and every move..."

"... then be able to destroy society in the real world as well..."

"... but once they find out that we're humans in cyberspace and where out hideout is..."

"... let's just say the Guardians will be at a great disadvantage."

A moment of silence passed between the four (six including the Matrix kids) as we all tried to think of someway for us to carry out this plan. We all silently agreed that Giga had to be the one to sneak around the castle; unfortunately, she's the only one with a mimic-cloaking ability and, after Tamra, she's the most slick out of us all. Now we have to come up with a way for her to sneak around without getting infected and fast. Something's telling me that Tamra's not going to stay hidden for much longer.

No pressure... Right?