"Also?"

Tamra/Enigma's P.O.V.

Okay, this girl is cool and comes up at the best times, but that was just a little freaky.

"Did I miss anything else?" The Bionic Blade questioned. 

Austin shrugged as he let go of Little Enzo and stood up. "Not much. Welcome to the Mainframe. This is-"

"GIGA!" DJ squirmed out of my arms and went up to hug the newcomer, along with her brother. She seemed a little taken back by proceeded to kneel down and look at the children at eye-level. 

"DJ," she gasped, cupping her cheek gently. "Last I saw you, you were so shy around me. Pleased to know you still remember me." Giga then turned to the boy. "Little Enzo! I'm not even sure if I can even call you little anymore, how you've grown."

"Finally!" Little Enzo exclaimed. "Someone who thinks I'm not little!"

Parker stepped forward towards Giga. "I see you're all acquainted," he said. "But when-"

"Now's not the time for questions," she announced, standing back up. "All that matters is to divise a plan to rescue Dot, and possibly Bob."

I smirked. "A girl who likes to get to the point," I thought aloud. "I like you already."

"Right back at you, Enigma," she replied.

"They must be back at their castle base," Trey said, bringing us back to the original subject.

Austin chuckled lightly. "Well, what are we waiting for?" He asked playfully. "To the Codec!" He pointed dramatically out the window and ran out the door. His best friend was quick to follow, with Trey right behind him. Giga scooped up Little Enzo in her arms and went after the boys while I carried DJ. We ran outside to find the boys standing ten feet away. Our leader turned around and scratched the back of his neck. "Kinda forgot V.E.R.A. took off without us to lead the viruses away. Whoopsies!"

I giggled and set the little girl in my arms down on her feet. "I sent her a message," Parker assured us. "So... we wait."

While we waited for our A.I. friend to return with the Codec, we decided to exchange information with our new teammate as the two kids ran around playing tag. 

"So, cutting to formalities," I stated, "my real name is Tamra, the stealth of our group known as Enigma. Our strength is Trey a.k.a. D-Frag. Austin is our leader, known as Vector. And our intellect is Parker-"

"Who are you, exactly?" Parker interrupted. "I'm sorry for being forward like that but... we're stuck here, so what better time than now?"

Giga sighed. "Might as well," she muttered. "There won't be too much to lose, since that just gives more mystery. You guys probably figured this out from the last mission; I am the Bionic Blade."

Trey shrugged. "Yeah, we already knew that, but what about your true true identity?"

"Does that even matter? Maybe there's a reason why I'm hiding my identity and only V.E.R.A. knows about me. What I can tell you, is that Adam Carter, the creator of the guardians, tasked me to be the first person in cyberspace. I'm technically not the first living thing to travel between worlds, since my best friend's brother's rat beat me to that." She ended the note on a chuckle. 

"He's actually my father," Austin admitted.

"Oh..." The newcomer said. "Sorry for your losses. Your father was an intelligent man, and your sister... she was my best friend, and the only one who understood what I was going through, due to my, um, advantages in life."

I caught Austin and Parker share a glance (through their helmets of course). The shorter one of the pair was rubbing his hand - well his finger to be exact - and twisting something underneath the cyber-suit. 

Giga sighed again through gritted teeth. "Sorry for making things awkward."

"Subject change!" I offered. "We can tell you what to expect at the castle."

"Megabyte has a castle? Tell me everything I need in order to overthrow this evil emperor."

Parker jumped in to tell Giga how Megabyte got the castle in the first place, since he was the only one of us who was in the Fortress Command game when the virus first took over the game. From the outside of the castle to the deep dungeons to the emergency escape spots. He also warned her about the traps for enemies and the secret upgrades for the corrupted codes. 

In the mean time, while Trey teased Little Enzo and DJ by flying around with his jet-boosters, I walked over to Austin, who was just staring off into (cyber)space. It seemed rather concerning so I walked up next to him. Making sure I don't break any train of thoughts zooming in his mind, I carefully placed a hand onto his armored shoulder. "You good, Mission Leader?" I whispered, leaning closer to where his ear supposedly is. Though, I had to stand on my sneak-skis in order to reach his height since he's so adorably tall. 

Without tearing his eyes away from wherever they were locked onto, he nodded in reply. 

I raised an eyebrow, but I knew he couldn't see it so I said, "Are you sure, Austin?"

He sighed, his shoulders dropping slightly. "Not really, since we're now one step further away from learning who the Bionic Blade really is. I really hoped it was Jane."

"Your sister?" He nodded sadly. "Well, there's still a possibility she's out there somewhere. Maybe the Bionic Blade rescued her and your father in the fire."

"The police found my dad's body," he replied, forcing me to drop my hand that was atop of his shoulder. "They never found Jane's though. But what are the chances that she'd stay alive after two years under the radar and her so-call 'best friend' pops up who is also bionic? I've never even seen Jane hang out with any other person aside from Parker and I-"

I took a step back. "Wait, also?"

He froze. "D-d-did I s-s-ay 'also'?" He stammered. "I-i-i meant-"

Little Enzo run between us, pushing Austin away from me. "Is that your hovercraft?" He asked excitedly with wide eyes, pointing to the now landing Codec. "Epic!"

I looked back at Austin. "You are going to tell everyone else about what you meant by 'also' once the mission is complete."

Trey landed right on the platform of the Codec as his jet-boosters simply decoded itself. "It's a good thing they captured their parents when we were out of school, right?" He joked at an attempt to lighten the mood. 

Without looking back at our leader, I leapt onto the platform as Parker, the Bionic Blade, Little Enzo, and DJ ran up too. And Austin too but I didn't bother to look. Was he implying that Jane Carter was bionic? It didn't affect us as a team but why would he keep this secret from me - I mean us. Was that the reason he seemed rather down and dazed? We could've helped him with this, both his emotions and finding his sister. 

The two kids ran up to the two cyber-seats at the front of our ship and eagerly spun in them. The five of us Guardians stood in our respected spots as we felt V.E.R.A. begin to take off. My foot-buckle thing strapped on before we flew up above the city. The rest of the trip was a blur as I thought about how I can make Austin feel better.