Battle

Austin/Vector's P.O.V.

We all went over to the central pillar of light in which V.E.R.A. was in, thinking of a way to have the Bionic Blade to roam the castle looking like Enigma without her code getting corrupted. We knew that we couldn't use any more of Parker's shielding code or else his battery will be drained (or something like that).

"What about - nope," Parker stopped himself, looking down at the floor.

Giga turned her head towards him. "What was your idea?" She asked monotonously. "At this point, any idea can lead to anything, even the bad ones."

"Well, what if I help you with this?" She raised an eyebrow and nodded for him to continue. "My vehicle is a Quadra-disc, which carried all four of us one time with little to no extra energy used for compared to when I ride solo. I wouldn't mind if you needed a sort-of usher throughout the palace."

That might not be such a bad idea, I thought to myself. It might work.

"I couldn't ask of you to do that," she commented quickly after. "Your team needs you for the first distraction. Besides, there's a possibility that we may have to put the second distraction into action sooner, so it might require more battery/energy usage. And the Sourcerer might become suspicious and inform Megabyte about it."

"But we've had missions done with only two of us before," he assured, "so there's a greater chance that Megabyte won't even notice us not at the fight."

"Did you at least crunch the numbers?"

"Ehhh, 50.1% versus 49.9%..."

"Rounded, that's practically polar opposite outcomes with the same odds. Do you really think now is the time to mess around with such chances?"

"But that's the calculation done without hope. With hope, morality and the chance of us succeeding is much greater."

"Do you wish to be hopeful or realistic? We all have secrets and possibly our lives on the line."

"You're a bionic super hero on roller blades that fights baddies that have weapons when you don't have any physical ones of your own a majority of the time, and practically every other day, us Guardians go on some sort of secret-and-life-risking mission," I butt in. I look at the two nerds and smiled, despite the fact they can't actually see it. "Hope is our greatest weapon sometimes," I jokingly deadpanned while shrugging.

Parker let out a snort while I could just sense Trey's eyes rolling. "Blunt, but correct," Giga commented. She sighed and turned back to Parker. "Since I don't wish to argue, I'll agree to this. But you better know what you're getting into, Googz, 'cause I, for one, don't want to see anyone else in anymore danger, especially with your identities at risk."

"And yours too," he added, tilting his hand towards her.

"Right... mine too." She trailed off and looked at the holo-hanger. "If we wish to initiate the plan, then we must act now." Without turning to him, she asked Parker, "Are you sure you wish to do this?"

He looked at the holo-hanger as well. "100% positive."

I watched the two jog over to the hanger and get lowered down into the "battle air-grounds". My eyes followed Parker's Quadra-disc carry him and the Bionic Blade beneath the castle, opposite of the area Tamra's waiting behind the stalagmite-looking things - or is it stalactites? Well, I was never really good with science.

"Well," Trey overcame the humming noises from the ship, "that just leaves us. But..." He looks over at the two Matrix kids, who were getting told by the automated V.E.R.A. voice on what not to press (so basically everything). "... what do we do about them? It's bad enough that they're on this ship, but we're going to end up leaving them behind as well."