2

Symone Anderson

I was actually blowing up, right before my own eyes. Everything was moving fast. Yves Saint Laurent had interest in me—a brand that I used to dream of wearing. I was lucky enough to model their makeup, and to top it off I was the first black girl they chose. Finally!

School had already started so Lyric and I were back at Columbia University, and we were living together like normal again. We even started cooking. There was levels to this shit, so I was dead straight in between beginner and expert.

It's been about two months since I caught Rocky red handed. After doing some investigating through Emersyn, I found out that he initiated the kiss. Emersyn was also at fault, but not as much as Rocky. I was still cool with her, but distanced myself. We didn't talk unless she was trying to hype me up or text me with updates on shoots.

Speaking of the devil, I missed Rocky. I missed everything about him. His ability to keep intense eye contact in every instance including sex and when I was venting. His charisma. His long list of talents. His big ass head. The dick... And that mouth was out of this fucking world. I just missed the shit out that nigga.

But he was blocked, and every time I thought about unblocking him I stopped myself. 'Once a cheater, always a fucking cheater.' He was the best I ever had although we had only been official for a few months. He taught me some valuable life lessons, and I'll always appreciate him for that.

That day that I caught them two, I ran, and I was not going for anything he wanted to tell me. I felt like nothing could change my mind, and a miracle has to happen for my mind to be changed now. Rocky tried calling several times and even texted, so I took every bone in my body to tap that 'Block this Caller' button. From there I took an Uber back to his house to get all my shit, and his determined ass pulled up on me a few times. I got pretty close to calling the police on him but I remembered the charges he was already dealing with, so sent him peacefully, even though it took a while.

Now he was pretty famous and shit, so... That's that. Maybe we'll see each other again soon, and a part of me wants to, just to shit on him, and also to see what he got going on. If we're being completely honest here, my heart is broke as hell. Every day I patch that hoe back up and keep it moving, making sure that no one notices I'm hurting. And I did a good ass job with that, considering the fact that Lyric was the only one who noticed.

I knew one thing for sure, though.

Rakim Mayers left his mark on me. I was still using some of this nigga's lingo, and it was actually something I couldn't get rid of. I think the reason why I was so upset after seeing that was because I told him I was cheated on in my last relationship, so for him to do what he did was pure disrespect.

To some people I was doing the most, but I don't give a fuck. Let me be hurt, I have the right.

Tonight Lyric was dragging me to a club because one of her co-workers had a section. It sounds like I'm being forced but nobody can make me do something I don't want to do, so I was going to enjoy myself.

I was always one to go on and on about how drugs and alcohol don't help shit, but I wanted to get drunk tonight. Terrible, but I had already told Lyric and she was driving back home.

                 ---------------

I hadn't been to a club in so damn long. Lyric and I walked hand-in-hand whenever we went to clubs so that weird men wouldn't bother us. But some still did, in search for a threesome. Men can be extremely bold.

"Shit! What we fucking with tonight, I know I want Perignon, Henny, Grey Goose... Symone, you?"

"Anything, remember what I told you?"

"Yeah I remember, but you sound like you was tryna get pissy drunk. I'm not finna be dragging you to the car bitch, fuck I-" Lyric stopped talking when her co-worker came over to us. She was a pretty Hispanic with a natural makeup look and a petite figure. Her hair was in a high ponytail.

"Hey Lyric!" She exclaimed, giving Lyric a side hug. "And you must be Symone, hey girl," she said to me, giving me a hug too. "Y'all both look good as fuck! Damn."

"Stoppp." Lyric blushed, waving her off. "Y'all lit in here, Jayla. Where Bianca and all them?"

"Right over there." She pointed to a table with 4 bad bitches at it, all types of men surrounding them. It looked like they were all trying to spit game. "They got more drinks over there sis." Lyric looked at me and smirked as I did the same. We followed suit.

Lyric had a cup of Henny and Coke mixed together but I made sure it was 75% Coke. She didn't even like the taste of alcohol like that, it was an in-the-moment type of thing. I was the same way, but I just wanted to have a good time tonight.

Jayla surprised us with some rolled blunts, which excited Lyric. I reminded her that she was driving but she promised to only take a few pulls. She just wanted to smoke a bit, and she smoked so often that I was sure she could drive home perfectly. Monitoring her was to stay on the safe side.

"Bitch we need to dance, this my shit," Lyric commented, as 'Backin' It Up' by Pardison Fountaine and Cardi B played. I knew for a fact I was drunk and chilling in the clouds right now, and I loved it. I was aware of what I was doing though, and I planned to keep it that way.

Smiling, I pulled Lyric's hand, leading her to the dancefloor. Some of the people Jayla took us to were on the dancefloor and so were others, so it was packed.

A random lightskinned girl pulled us to the middle once she saw me throwing it back with Lyric. Everybody on the dancefloor was hyping us up as we continued to fuck it up, and niggas even threw a few ones like we were in a strip club. Nonetheless I was enjoying myself, and I was uplifted.

I looked to my left and Lyric was obviously happy as hell to finally show off the skills I've known about forever.

Too soon, our session was over, and I was searching for water. Lyric and I went to the bar together. I didn't even notice what I was doing until I bumped into a guy.

"Slow down ma, you good?" He smiled, holding me up to keep me stable.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good, my bad."

"You straight. I seen you dancing and shit, you got a lil booty but you move like a stripper. Talented." He was still smiling and this made me smile too.

"Ha, thank you."

"Yeh no problem... You high?"

"Maybe," I teased.

"You are... As fuck. I know I am."

"I can tell you are."

"Mm," he hummed, shaking his head. "You high enough to fuck with me on some friendship shit? Seem cool."

"What you mean high enough? I still have a brain, and as you can tell it works pretty well."

"Ain't have to get all defensive and shit, ma. I was tryna be corny to see your reaction."

"Well you got one."

He chuckled, taking a sip of whatever was in his cup. "Soo, friendship. Will that work out?"

"Maybe."

"Ight then let's start with a social media at name or sum, I need contact info."

Laughing at him, I shared my Instagram name and walked away to meet back up with Lyric. I had a great time tonight but I suddenly got irritated by everything going on.

I blamed it on the alcohol and weed. May have had a little bit too much.