6

Symone Anderson

My life was getting better.

And I was happy to finally say this.

My checks are really fat now, I stopped working at Waffle House and dropped the receptionist job at the hospital because I just wanted to focus on school.

Modelling and school were my main focus and they helped my stability. It was still a little stressful but everything was okay.

Last week, I walked for Dior and the pictures I saw afterwards made me fall in love with myself even more. I should appreciate myself openly.

At this event's after party, I saw Rakim. It was no surprise that he would be there but it definitely wasn't something I expected to see. And I was even more shook when he asked me to talk to him.

I knew he wanted to make things right with me, but that night, I was finally told the truth. I had really strong feelings for Rakim, and I realized it wasn't even something I could hide. If I didn't fuck with him so heavy I would've easily told him that somebody else was giving me play from time-to-time.

I refrained from doing that, though, and when we talked about the situation regrading Emersyn the nigga didn't even cross my mind. That's how irrelevant he is.

Speaking of Emersyn, I wanted to have a civilized talk with her. In all honesty, from day one I knew a girl like her wasn't even someone to trust. So I blamed myself just a little for believing her so quickly. Just a little because when I slightly trust a girl and something foul happens between her and my man, my brain automatically thinks that the girl is not the one to blame.

The predicament itself still had my mind doing overtime, but I promised I wasn't going to beat myself up about it. I was trying to forget about it as much as I could until I actually had time to talk it out with Emersyn.

And no, I was not going to fight her, because I can't even fight with the image I have going for myself. It would just look bad on me and all the energy I have is for school and modelling. And maybe Rakim, but that could come in later.

I appreciated how Rakim came to me about what happened that day at the shoot. And to surprise me some more, this nigga even used the oath statement they say in court. It was so hard not to fall in love, even though I was still recovering.

After Rakim had the talk with me he didn't even ask me to contact him after the event, so it seemed that he wanted me to decide what I wanted to do.

I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but I wasn't sure how I would do it. I really could just do it, like right now.

Rakim was doing good from what I could see. The car he took me to was a Ferrari, and he used to always talk about getting one. It made me happy to see him doing the things he dreamt of doing. And, he signed to a label. A $3 million deal. He was on his shit.

And that case had passed not too long ago. Obviously he was not guilty to the court but I just wanna know how. I think it was because they didn't have enough evidence. But I know he did it. Because I don't want to go back and relive a hectic time like that, I made the decision to not ponder on it.

Today I had only one class, and the shoot I was supposed to go to had been canceled.

I was back in bed now, scrolling through Instagram. Seeing nothing interesting on there as always, I moved over to messages. A lot of unread messages, ones that I didn't even feel like opening.

10:03 AM - from EmersyN: Shoot canceled, sorry about late notice

5:47 AM - from Khalil👋🏽: been a while we need to link.