10

Rakim Mayers

I'm so fucked up and sick. I'm not fully aware of who I am.

I like to tell myself that I'm not the problem but I just might be because if I'm not the problem, who else could be?

And the craziest part is that I lost myself when Symone and I ended. I've been thinking for a while and I shouldn't have reacted that way.

I don't feel like fixing anything so I relapsed. I tried not to but nobody is here to stop me. I'm just as bad as I was when Yams died. I wasn't sure who I was during that time in my life and here I am again, not knowing who I am. This was the quickest fix but the bad part is that it's only temporary.

Today I had decided to just chill, because it wasn't much I had to do. I needed this. I wasn't on any alcohol currently and hoped I wouldn't resort to it later on, just sticking to the weed. I function best when I'm on it.

The park was quiet as hell tonight. Looking at my clock I read 6:27 PM. Every time I come I just take a seat at the benches and read the childhood books my mom gave me.

The good nostalgia.

Right now The Polar Express was the book I had, and I had just gotten to the part where he met the shorty with braids. I should've found out about books and blunts earlier but these words look distorted.

When I looked up from my book and over at the swings and slides, I saw a little girl and boy "playing" together.

"Okay can you stop now? The wood chips keep getting stuck in my hair!" She yelled, folding her arms.

"You did it to me!" He argued.

"Well I stopped and you should too." I couldn't help but to laugh at the situation. It's interesting to watch kids talk to each other.

I guess I laughed too loud because when the boy spotted me, he stared for 5 seconds like he knew who I was.

"Wait a minute, Karina. I know that dude with the braids," he started, pointing at me. "My mom always watches videos of his music at home. He love bad bitches, that's-"

"His fuckin problem!" She finished. "Let's go talk to him!" I was shook to say the least. These parents don't be joking when they tell me kids love the music. If only they knew I actually had other songs.

Too quickly, the kids came up to me. "Excuse me sir, are you the dude that made I love bad bitches that's my fuckin problem?" The girl asked.

I let out a laugh before answering. "Yes, but my name is A$AP Rocky. Ya mama know you be cussin?"

"No. She'll beat my ass if she find out."

"Right? My mom cuss at me but get mad if I cuss. Don't make no damn sense," the boy added, rolling his eyes.

"What's your names?" I questioned. Looking at them, I could tell the boy was Hispanic and the girl was mixed with something, maybe black and white.

"Karina."

"Santiago. Anyways, you know my mom watches your videos all the time?"

"Oh word?" I leaned back and raised my eyebrows.

"Word. Sometimes she watch the one with questions and sometimes she watch the music videos. I want my hair to be in braids and long like yours." He patted my head and smoothed his hand across the top.

"Can I do your hair?" Karina asked, smiling wide.

The last time I had my braids done was like 2 weeks ago so I said yes. I was getting it redone soon.