16

Symone Anderson

"I want a baby, really bad."

"Bitch you mean to tell me that's the real reason why you stormed out the room, crying? Is that really the reason why?" Lyric pressed.

"Ugh it's deeper than that!" I exclaimed, starting to get annoyed.

"So why are you acting like it's a crime to explain why it's deeper than that?"

I ignored her for the rest of the car ride.

I texted Rakim thinking about what I wanted.

Symone💋 - 3:16 PM
Rocky🤧

Rakim😡💞 - 3:18 PM
yes love?

Symone💋 - 3:18 PM
Let's plant a seed like tonight
read 3:19 PM

                                    ---

"I miscarried," I mumbled. I could see in the corner of my eye that Lyric was confused. She took a minute to say something.

"Whose baby?" She asked.

"Ace."

"Really babe? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

I put my head down in shame. "I don't know girl it just makes me sad," I admitted, still embarrassed.

"I don't know how many times I'm gonna have to tell you that I'll never judge you, Symone. I love you to the moon and back and because of that I'll always be here for you..."

"I love you too and I thank you for that but I just couldn't bring myself to tell you bruh it's embarrassing as fuck." My head was still down but I could tell that she had pulled the car over.

I then felt her embrace me in a tight hug and that's when I started crying my eyes out, I had been holding this hurt back for so long.

"It just didn't feel right," I cried, soaking her shoulder.

"I know boo, I know," she answered. "But hey everything happens for a reason, and if God really wanted you to have the baby then you would've. He knew it wasn't a good time," she coached. Ugh I love this bitch.

~

"So you want a baby for real?" Rocky asked, looking concerned as ever. The room was dimly lit but I saw everything I needed to see.

"I mean yeah, do you?"

"Why right now?"

"Becauseeee...." I started.

"Because what ma?"

"Lyric thought she was pregnant. I was thinking hmm okay if she has a baby they can be my baby too for right now. But she's not pregnant which is a bummer," I told him.

"Wait your turn baby," he said, kissing me on the cheek and turning his body the other way.

"Ugh I had my turn though," I said under my breath.

He went silent for a moment. "Say that again?"

I repeated it louder.

"With who?"

"Ace but I miscarried sooo yeah," I admitted, wiping a lone tear. Would I ever get over this shit?

Rocky turned to face me and held me, wiping my tear. "It wasn't the right time, God knew what he was doing," he empathized.

"Lyric said that same thing."

"That's why I love her for you," he responded.

"You gone put a baby in me when the time is right?" I asked, making a grimacing face when thinking about what I had just said.

"Hell yea, I planned our life in my head already." He kissed my forehead after that statement. It made my heart smile.