5

Rakim Mayers

"Wow, Rakim. You look nice tonight," Naomi gassed.

"Not better than you though," I returned. She's dark-skinned but I could sense her blushing.

"Ugh, you always know what to say." This was the first formal greeting we had given each other tonight, so she gave me a quick hug. "How is everything?"

"Pretty good. And you?"

"I'm pulling through. Unfortunately I'm single now."

"It's the season."

"Meaning?"

"I'm single too. You pretty, I'm pretty... Wassup?"

She giggled, sipping her wine. "I would fuck you but you're way too much of a player to get into a relationship with. I won't risk my beautiful heart."

"Man that's a stereotype... I thought you was different, Naomi?"

"I am different. So different that I know how you operate," she told me, her cute accent popping out.

"Ouch," I exaggerated, clutching my chest. She had the right to say that but I knew the statement was not true so I wasn't trippin.

"Bye darling," she said, kissing me on the cheek. "I have many more people to greet, but hopefully I'll see you again tonight!"

I nodded my head before she walked off, not even getting a few feet away before bumping into some friends of hers. It looked like the runway walk was the walk she was accustomed to.

I decided to go meet back up with Ferg, Bella, and Mike. They were all sitting at a table with hella alcohol at it looking bougie.

That's where I belonged.

As soon as I sat down I started drinking, to where I wasn't fully drunk but I was definitely more than tipsy.

I wanted to smoke. "Aye Ferg, you got gas?" I left mine in the car and didn't feel like walking the far distance to get it.

"Always nigga, a few pre-rolls. We can't smoke in here though."

"I know... Fuck. Imma just wait then."

"Damn bruh now I wanna smoke."

"Patience."

----------------

We were surrounded by all races but an hour or two into this after party, these motherfuckers was actually lit. I hit the dancefloor for a little while but didn't actually dance, as always. I was still intoxicated and just wanted to see her.

I was informed that everyone who participated in the event was allowed to bring a plus one, and I was relieved to have spotted Symone from afar with her ride-or-die, Lyric.

I hate to admit this but if she would've come with anybody else we would've had smoke.

I was pretty drunk now, but sober enough to have a decent conversation. All of my emotions were dramatic when I was drunk. If I was happy, I would be glowing or some shit, and if I wasn't showing any emotion I was extremely nonchalant, and even felt close to nothing physically.

I was a mixture of everything right now, so I gradually found myself closer and closer to Symone. It would've been easier on me to bump into her but she knew what was up so I just ended up sitting at their table. There sat her, Lyric, and some other lightskinned girl. Lyric and Ferg were still together, but they were beefing right now. They would be fine in two days.

I formally greeted Lyric and the unknown girl before getting to Symone. I'm usually great at judging someone's body language but she was a mixture of everything too. I saw disappointment, surprise, nervousness, and hope in her eyes.