T W E N T Y - S E V E N

(Song being mentioned) ^^

• R O O M M A T E S 0.27
室友 0.27

"WOOOO!"

"Hey they didn't even do well. Keep it down! You're louder than everyone else here younghyun hyung!" Wonpil threw a deadly glare at the boy, causing him to lower his voice and look the other way. The lady who had finished up her song bowed and handed the mic back to the MC, leaving the stage.

The whole time, the younger couple feared that they were going to be chosen to go up and sing a song, in front of a bunch of strangers, who secretly judged them from their tables.

Wonpil shuddered at the thought and soon felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked over to see Dowoon giving him a knowing smile. They were both on the same boat.

"Alright alright! How'd you think she did everyone!"

"Terrible" Dowoon and Wonpil said in unison while everyone else in the crowd clapped to show their approval.

"You guys are haters. Why don't you two go sing. It'll be great!" Dowoon shook his head at Jae's small comment, knowing he didn't want to have anything to do with this event whatsoever.

"Time for our next act! Let's see who will go next!"

"WE WANNA GO NEXT! WE DO!" Jae and Younghyun yelled, excitement evident in their voice as they waved their arms in the air. Wonpil shook his head at their actions while Dowoon averted his gaze elsewhere than the loud couple.

"Uh uh uh. The spotlight has to choose you. Keep your fingers crossed!" The two slumped back into their chairs and sighed, hoping they would be chosen to sing a song together.

"Hey Dowoon.."

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry.."

"Why? You didn't do anything."

"I couldn't declined this double date thing. You clearly aren't having fun." The raven haired boy smiled at him and intertwined his hand with wonpils.

"Don't feel bad about it. You're here so it's ok. We'll get through it together." Wonpil's cheeks were dusted a light pink from the comment.

"Cute." The moment was ruined when a bright light flashed over the two, causing their hearts to race.

"Please—"

"Don't let it be what I think it is—"

"You two are chosen to sing! Cmon up love birds!"

"Dowoon I don't want to.."

"Me either..."

"WONPIL! DOWOON! WONPIL! DOWOOOON! WOOOOOOOOO!" The younger couple turned their heads to Younghyun, who was shouting his head off.

"EVERYONE SAY IT! WONPIL! DOWOON! WONPIL! DOWOON!" Soon enough, he got the whole crowd to chant their names, making Wonpil nervous and Dowoon annoyed.

"Cmon you two! The crowd can't wait to hear you sing!" The duo sighed in defeat and reluctantly got up and headed towards the stage, cheers and chants coming from every corner of the building. They were handed two mics, one for each.

"We have a song for you too, and I'm sure it'll fit perfectly." The lights faded and the screen behind them switched to the song. The title appeared, making Wonpil giddy.

'Better - Khalid'

Wonpil looked at the boy and saw fear in his eyes. He gave Dowoon a soft smile and held his hand and gave it a little squeeze, assuring him it was going to be ok. The music filled the room, causing Wonpil's nerves to flow away. He took a deep breathe and let go, not knowing if this could be his break or his rising moment.

"Love to see you shine in the night like the diamond you are.
I'm on the other side, it's alright, just hold me in the dark"

Dowoon was blown away from the boy's voice, knowing that it would hit in his favorite list. It was Dowoon's turn to sing, and he was doing his best not to have a mental breakdown. He looked into Wonpil's eyes and felt safe. Wonpil was his escape from reality. He held up the mic and smiled at Wonpil, his mind making it seem as if it was no one else but Wonpil in that building.

"No one's got to know what we do, hit me up when you're bored
Nah
'Cause I live down the street, so we meet when you need it, it's yours
All I hear is"

"Nothin' feels better than this
Nothin' feels better
Nothin' feels better than this
Nothin' feels better, no, no
We don't gotta hide
This is what you like, I admit
Nothin' feels better than this"

Smiles were painted across their faces and their hearts were fluttering. Neither of them knowing, how much they really mean to each other.

"You say we're just friends but I swear when nobody's around.
You keep my hand around your neck, we connect, are you feeling it now?"

Sounds familiar right?

"I got so high the other night, I swear to God, I felt my feet leave the ground
Ooh yeah
Your back against the wall, this is all we've been talkin' about
In my ears"

"Nothin' feels better than this
Nothin' feels better
Nothin' feels better than this
Nothin' feels better, no, no
We don't got to hide
This is what you like, I admit
Nothin' feels better than this"

"Now, left, right, left, right
Take you back when you're side to side
Like that, like that, ayy"

"Ooh, now, left, right, left, right
Take you back when you're side to side
Like"

"Nothin' feels better than this
Nothin' feels better
Nothin' feels better than this
Oh, no, no
We don't got to hide
Ooh I admit
Nothin' feels better than this, ooh
Better than this"

The darkness was exchanged for light and all around where cheers, chants, and screaming but they couldn't hear. They were in their own world. The two were lost in each other's eyes, their hearts fluttering and their love for each other only grew.

Nothing was better then that.