T H I R T Y - E I G H T

• R O O M M A T E S  0

• R O O M M A T E S  0.38
室友 0.38

"So how'd you do it?"

"Excuse me?"

"How'd you do it? Y'know, smuggle a puppy into college?" Wonpil rolled his eyes at Younghyun's question and ran his hand through his hair as a sigh of relief escaped his lips as his dorm door soon came into view.

"For your information, I didn't smuggle in a puppy. Someone just left it at our dorm door. I don't understand how they even got it into the college anyway."

"And how long have you had this puppy?"

"Meili isn't too much of a puppy anymore but, maybe a month or so? Anyways, what's up with the questions??"

"Can't I be curious?" Younghyun questioned, earning a sigh from Wonpil as they finally arrive at the dorm.

"Have you ever heard of the expression 'curiosity killed the cat' hm?" Wonpil asked as he unlocked and opened up the door, allowing Younghyun to enter first before following after him and locking the door.

"Good thing I'm not a cat. Anyways, I have another question."

"Go ahead and ask." Wonpil mumbled.

"Why did you and Dowoon lie about the relationship thing? Was it to keep me away? Did you guys even like each other when that started?"

"You said you had a question, not questions, but to answer you, it was all to hide Meili. No, we didn't like each other but we both wanted to stay in college so, we had to compromise."

"Interesting. So when did it all start?"

"What are you rambling about now?"

"I mean, when did you start to have feelings for each other?" Younghyun questioned as he took a seat at Wonpil's desk.

"I'm not too sure about Dowoon, but in all honesty, I had a small thing for him in high school—"

"WHAT?? You're fucking joking!! You're lying right??"

"Nope" Wonpil said, his gaze now on a sleeping Meili, a small smile forming on his lips. "I've always tried to do better than him just to impress him, but he just hated me. I guess that's where my love for him got traded in for hate."

"Damn, so you stole his girlfriend because you wanted to impress him?"

"No, that was just to get at his nerves. My hate for him just grew more and more throughout the years but college changed everything."

"That puppy changed everything. Not college."

"I think it was a little bit of both. But that fake dating thing just made me fall for him all over again."

"Ugh, just date already. It's not that hard."

"I'm not sure if I should make the first move..should I? I should, shouldn't I?"

"Yeah, go for it. You can't just wait around for Dowoon to ask. He could take ages."

"Mm, I guess you're right. I'll come up with something really special and I'll make sure the day I do it is memorable."

"I'll help you out!! By the time we're done, he'll be crying a river!"

"Hopefully. I just want everything to be alright."

"And I'm sure it will. Until then, I guess you're just going to have to take me to the store and buy me snacks."

"Wait I didn't agree to that—"

"I'll be waiting outside Wonpil. I'll be waiting." Younghyun said as he rose up from the seat and escorted himself out of the boy's dorm.

"So this is what Jae has to deal with on a daily basis."