45: The Date (Part 2)

Chapter 45: The Date (Part 2)

Recap:

"What's wrong with the boat?" I asked.

"Apparently there was a hole in the bottom." he stood back up. "That's a shame. I was going for the old-fashioned look."

I smiled and hugged his torso. "Don't worry. This was perfect."

He hummed and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, resting his chin on my head.

"Babe?" he spoke.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you how fancy to dress up. You must feel a bit out of place, in the outdoor scene."

I started laughing and pulled away. "It's alright, Harry. It gives the whole outdoor date thing another type of feel to it. Plus, we'll have something to remember."

"Thanks babe." he said. I nodded in response, against his chest once again.

After a short silence, Harry spoke up.

"Hey, look. The sun is starting to set."

I perked up and looked. He was right, the sun is starting to set.

We walked over to the tree that had our items under it. We moved the objects aside, sitting down on the green grass. I removed my stilettos and leaned back into Harry after he removed his blazer.

We sat in fascination as pinks, purples and oranges painted the sky. It almost seemed as if the sky is a canvas and an artist is splattering paints across it, all leading down to one masterpiece in the centre; the sun.

"I should take a picture." Harry stated out of the blue. I nodded as he took out a old, yet fancy looking camera. It wasn't a tiny digital one. Instead it was a rather large one that looked very professional.

"Now, how do you work this?" he looked at the camera all confused.

"You don't know how to work your own camera?" I asked, giggling.

He chuckled. "Actually, remember how I told you I wanted everything in a old-fashioned style?"

I hummed in agreement.

"Yeah, I bought this so that it would fit the 'theme'." he explained.

"Oh," I replied. "Let me see."

He passed me the chunky device and I looked at it carefully. I found a switch on the side that was labeled 'Shot'. Curious, I showed Harry.

"Do you think this is it?" I asked.

"I think so. Wow, babe you're a smart one." he commented.

I felt blush on my cheeks as I shrugged. "I just found a switch, it's no biggie."

He flipped the switch. Nothing happened.

"Awe. Looks like that wasn't it." he sighed. He turned the camera around so that the lens was facing him.

He let out a yelp as the camera flashed and clicked about three pictures at once.

"Agh! I'm blinded." he said, shielding his eyes.

I started laughing uncontrollably as he opened his eyes. I clenched my stomach and laughed as he smirked and rubbed his eyes.

"Awe! Harry!" I said in between laughter as I looked at the developed picture in my hand. It was a picture of his nose, eyes and then a blurry one.

I looked at his face and started laughing like a madwoman once again. All of a sudden I heard a couple of clicks and a flash. I looked over at Harry how had the camera pointed at me. My eyes widened in surprise when I realized that he took pictures of me.

"What?! No!" I exclaimed. Harry shook the picture that slipped out of the camera. I tried grabbing it from his hand as we both stood up. He used his height to his advantage and held the picture above his head.

I pouted as he brought the picture down to eye level. The first one showed me laughing, bent down. The second showed me laughing with my hand covering my mouth. The third one, I'm looking down, supposedly at the picture, with a smile on my face.

I felt blush on my face as Harry stared at the picture carefully. My heart thumped against my rib cage as Harry looked at me straight in the eyes.

"What?" I asked quietly.

He looked at the picture and then back at me. "I am lucky to have someone as beautiful as you." he slipped the picture into the pocket of his jeans.

I felt my heart increase it's speed as I looked down at my bare feet, blushing.

"And in lucky to have someone as handsome and sweet as you." I spoke, my voice a whisper.

He leaned forwards and connected his lips with mine. Immediately, my hands found their way to his hair and his in mine. Our lips moulded into each others, moving together. I pulled on his hair just a bit, getting him to groan. I smirked, happy with the effect I have on him. His teeth bit my bottom lip. I granted him permission, letting his tongue roam my mouth, mine mirroring his actions.

We pulled back when we both ran out of breath, both a mess of pants. I rested my forehead against his.

"I love you." he spoke. I felt a million butterflies soar in my stomach as these words left his mouth.

"I love you too." I confessed.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as his were wrapped around my waist. We started swaying from side to side as the sun went down casting a magical feel. Harry started humming a tune and I felt us dancing to it. We swayed to the catch but sweet tune Harry started singing softly.

I recognized the tune and spoke up.

"Kiss me by Ed Sheeran?" I spoke, recognizing the song.

He looked down at me and nodded. I smiled and leaned back into his warm chest.

Harry sang softly, mesmerizing me. Soon, I started singing along. My voice sounded like shit compared to his.

"Kiss me, like you wanna be loved. Like you wanna be loved." I sang, continuing the lyrics.

Soon, Harry stopped singing so that only I was singing. I finished the song and Harry and I pulled apart, the warmth leaving my body at once.

"You sing really well." he told me, holding me at arms-length.

I shrugged, chuckling slightly. "It's just what I do in my free time."

He nodded and went into deep thought. "Have you ever considered doing something with your voice? I mean, career-wise?" he asked.

I shook my head. "That would be cool but no. I'd never make it."

He shrugged. "You never know until you try."

I nodded. "That's true. Maybe I'll think about it."

We walked back to the tree, sitting under it. I sat so that my back was leaning against the trunk. Harry's head was in my lap and his body was sprawled to the right whereas mine was straight ahead.

I ran my fingers through his hair as he played with my free hand. It was now dark but the stars shined brighter than ever.

"The stars look beautiful," I spoke, leaning my head against the tree as my fingers stayed in his hair.

"Mhmm. But not as beautiful as you." Harry spoke, smoothly.

I felt a strong blush on my cheeks and I shook my head.

"You're a flirty lad!" I giggled. He chuckled and I started laughing when he kissed my knuckles.

"Can't deny that I am." he chuckled, a mischievous grin on his face.

I leaned back against the tree as we gazed up at the stars.

At that moment, I knew that one thing is for sure confirmed.

I love Harry Styles.