70: Cheeky

HARRY'S POV:

So Jade and I sat down at the dinner table, along with her family. I swear, Jade is glowing in happiness. She really did miss her family tons.

Speaking of Jade, she's been making sure that I'm comfortable and that I'm alright. I mean, I feel included, all thanks to her.

I poked my fork into some of the mouth-warring pasta that Jade's mum, or 'Kate' made. There was turkey on the table, along with a salad, pasta and a chicken lasagna. I know, it's a lot of food.

"So," Andrew spoke. "What do you do Harry? I've heard you're in a band?"

I swallowed my food and nodded. "Yeah, I am in band called One Direction."

The clinks of cutlery was heard upon Andrew's voice. "So is it like a boy-band?"

I nodded once more. "Yeah, it's made up of my four best mates and I. We were put together on The X Factor." I spoke, poking more pasta with a fork.

"The X Factor?" He questioned. "I've never heard of it."

I watched 'Kate's mouth drop open. "Drew, how have you not heard of The X Factor? It's one of the biggest shows in the UK!" Kate's British accent rang in the room.

I laughed a bit, along with Jade and Emily. "Well, I'm not British so..." He trailed on, making us laugh again. Kate exasperatedly rolled her eyes and let out a chuckle.

"You know, being British and living with a whole bunch of Canadians can be frustrating." Kate spoke, playfully. "Finally, another person from the great UK is here!"

Jade chuckled from beside me. I felt her hand make its way onto my knee and I couldn't help but smile. I slipped my hand on top of hers as she turned her head towards me. She smiled and winked, making me shake my head. She's cute.

"But you know, it's hard for Canadian people to click with British people too!" Jade rebutted, making some laughter erupt. "Like, just the other day, Harry and I were in L.A and so we decided to go grocery shopping. Then we were both trying prove that tomato is pronounced 'Tomato' and not 'Tomato'."

I laughed, after sipping on some red wine. "Yeah, because it is pronounced Tomato!" My British accent rang out.

"No, it's pronounce Tomato!" Jade spoke, with her Canadian accent.

Her family was laughing at our banter as Jade and I debated over the pronunciation of Tomato.

"But to be honest, I think that Jade has caught onto the British accent." Emily spoke, smiling. "I can hear the British in some of her words, don't ya think?"

Andrew nodded. "I agree. She sounds half British along with a little bit of Canadian."

Jade gasped as she placed her fork, on her empty plate. "I will always be a proud Canadian!"

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever you say, Love."

She laughed and leaned into my side. I smiled and slung an arm around her shoulder. She's a very cuddly person.

"The food was amazing, Ms Collins." I added, as everyone else, excluding Jade and I, finished up their food.

"You can call me Kate," she spoke, raising her eyebrows with a smile. "And thank you very much."

I smiled in return as I felt Jade sit up from beside me. She turned her head towards me and spoke.

"You want to go out for coffee tomorrow?" She spoke, as everyone else divulged into chatter. I felt her intertwine her fingers with mine.