The Welcome Town

Disclaimer: Eiichiro Oda owns One Piece

Last time on Chapter 33...

"TAKE THIS!" Luffy yells as he runs and punches Laboon in the eye without using his devil fruit and no Haki. This time though, it hurt Laboon and he pushes Luffy directly in the lighthouse.

"What's he trying to do...?" Usopp slowly asks as Luffy was still unscathed and was still grinning.

"Luffy! Just what the hell are you doing!?" Zoro shouts as Luffy stands up and Crocus looks at Luffy in amazement.

"BUOOOHHHH!" Laboon bellows with determination to fight in his eyes.

"IT'S A TIE! I'm pretty tough, eh?" Luffy suddenly shouts as Laboon gets surprised and looks at Luffy questioningly "Our fight has yet to be settled, so we must fight each other again!" Luffy pauses as he gets up "Your old friends may be dead, but I'm your new rival! And once my crew sails around 'Grand Line', We'll be sure to come back here to see you again." Laboon gets teary-eyed "AND THEN WE'LL DUKE IT OUT AGAIN!"

Everyone smiles at the touching scene, despite the mast on top of Laboon "BUOOOHHHHH!"

"BUOOHH" Laboon bellows as in his head, was a beautifully/skillfully painted Strawhat flag that hid some of his scars. All of the strawhat 'woah'-s in awe and fascination, not knowing Luffy could paint.

"And... Done! This is will be a sign of our promise to fight again!" Luffy says as he was holding a large brush and has no paints in his body "So don't bash your head against the wall and make it disappear, by the time we come back, you hear!?"

"BUOOHHH." Laboon bellows as Luffy nods in satisfaction.

"Good!" Luffy says as he grins. Crocus was undoubtedly delighted by what happened.

"Alright then, time to chart out our navigation route." Nami says as she takes out her compass.

"This Elephant Trout is just perfect for cooking!" Sanji says as he smiles and cuts the fish.

"Keep your promise, Luffy!" Usopp shouts as Luffy nods and walks toward him with the mast in hand.

"Yeah! Don't worry about fixing it, I'll do it all by myself." Luffy says as he grins and starts fixing the main mast. On the other hand, Zoro is sleeping ( as usual ) on the side.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Nami yells that made everyone look, Luffy only looked at the compass before fixing the mast again.

"What's the matter, my dear Nami-swan!?" Sanji shouts while he was holding plates of foods "If it's about the meal, then it's all ready~!" Usopp only looks questioningly at Nami.

"The compass...! It's broken! It's pointing all over the place!" Nami says as Crocus looks at Nami with a blank face.

"Hmm, it appears you've come here without knowing anything. I'm quite amazed. Did you come here to just throw your lives away?" Crocus jokingly asks as Luffy starts eating like a monster with some rum on his side. Nami only looks at him questioningly "I've said before that common sense fails to uphold in this ocean. That compass isn't broken."

"Then is it... The magnetic field!?" Nami says as Crocus nods.

"Yes... There exists a geomagnetic anomaly across Grand Line, due to many islands here being rich with various minerals." Crocus pauses as he takes a plate "Not only that, the currents and the winds here are as unpredictable as they can be. As a navigator, you should well understand how terrifying that can be. If you venture out into this ocean without knowing anything, you'll die for sure."