°•••

" Jesus!" all three yell. The boys run off, all holding their breaths. After a period of running Gordie and Chris stop, as Dylan had to rest.

" You two knew it was loaded!" Gordie yells at Chris.

" Calm down, the lady thought it was firecrackers. I accidentally pulled the trigger. I'm sorry Gordie," Chris apologizes. He takes a glance at Dylan, only to look once more; Dylan is leaned up against the window of a shop, his face like stone as his cheeks grow pale, unlike the usual rosiness they usually are. His hand grips the side, his black shirt somehow darker where he holds his shirt. " Dylan?" Chris speaks, his voice soft and wavering. Gordie looks over, his face going pale like Dylan's.

" I shot you..." Chris mumbles to himself, gripping his short hair in his hands.

Gordie kneels beside him, yanking off his jacket quickly. He pulls of Dylan's hand, pulling his shirt up to see the damage; luckily it only scraped him but did take some skin and a small amount of muscle from his side. Letting his shirt fall, Gordie wraps his jacket around him. He tightens it, a moan of agony escaping the long blonde. He does the move once more before double knotting the jacket, forcing the blood to stop but allowing him to breathe.

" I'm sorry. I-I-I'm so sorry," Chris apologizes repeatedly.

Dylan forces himself to his feet, holding in any sounds of pain before taking small steps towards Chris. His back is turned, tears in the blond's eyes, guilt overflowing.

Chris flinches as he's tightly grabbed. It takes a moment to decipher what's going on before understanding what's happening: Dylan is hugging him, his chest up against his back. Both can feel each others heartbeat and breathing pattern, they're both out of sync. In a few moments, their hearts match as their breathing slows. " It's okay, Christopher I promise," Dylan whispers, his hug tightening before loosening once more.

" Pinky swear?"

" Pinky swear," he promises, letting go of the blond. Chris turns around, giving Dylan a sweet smile.

A cough makes the two acknowledge Gordie, who grins nervously but confidently. " Let's go. We don't need you two becoming pussies." The blonds roll their eyes before all three walk down the sidewalk once more, a feeling of content in the air.