××ו

Chris, Teddy, and Vern get dressed in their slightly damp clothes, fixing anything that needs fixing. He takes a chance and gives himself a look at Gordie and Dylan; they're up ahead by a few yards. The two sitting on a broken tree, gazing at the endless woods.

A heavy sigh leaves his chapped lips before saying, " I think we should take 'em back."

" Oh great, Chambers, now you're turning pussy too!" Teddy insults, throwing his arms in the air.

" What's your problem, Duchamp? The guy had a leech hanging from his balls and fainted! And Dylan was the one who took the damn thing out!" Chris retorts, aiming his arm towards the two.

" What are you, their mother?"

" Eat shit!"

" No, you eat shit!"

Vern gets in front of Chris, adding in his two bits, " Hey, hey! I think Chris is right. Let's go back."

" Oh haha! What a surprise, the king of pussies wants to go back too!"

" Stop calling me that!"

" Well, pussy."

" Stop it."

" Pussy."

" Stop it."

" Pussy, pussy, pussy."

" You four-eyed psycho!" Vern yells, tackling Teddy. He repeatedly yells ' two for flinching,' hitting him each time. Chris tries to yank Vern off, only to get pushed down beside them.

" Stop it," Gordie mumbles. He repeats himself, his voice louder each time. Dylan gets up from his sitting position, grabbing his stuff before wiping her hands on his already stained jeans.

" STOP IT!" Vern and Teddy stop all movements for a split second before moving frantically to get off of each other. Slow seconds pass Gordie's is heard. " I'm not going back. He's not going back," he states, pointing to Dylan; he has head down at the moment, kicking at pebbles as Gordie continues. " We are not going back. We are going to see Ray Brower." He then picks up his bag, grabs Dylan's wrist and walks away on the path without taking one glance back.