×××°•

Walking through the night the boys are in town the next day. Even though they were gone for only two days, the town seemed to have shrunk.

Vern is the first to go home, Teddy soon following, then Gordie, making it just Dylan and Chris, neither wanting to go home. The duo went up to the tree house and just sat, thinking of all that's happened in just two days.

" My dad beats me too." Chris looks up, doubt on his face. To prove it, Dylan pulls his shirt to his chest, showing a long scar going on the side of his torso, the other having the bullet wound. " It doesn't happen as often since I've learned to go around him like someone beating a bush," he shrugs, pulling his shirt down.

Chris slowly nods, letting a few seconds pass before stating, " We're taking college courses."

" Good. You and Gordie can be together and you'll be able to get out of-"

" No. We are taking college courses." Dylan raises his eyebrow, only for his eyes to widen instead.

" Fuck no," he scoffs, looking displeased.

" Why not?" Chris exclaims.

" If you hadn't noticed I'm a fucking Merrill. We're known as being assholes, not smartasses," he emphasizes, rolling his eyes dramatically.

" You're taking those courses with us."

" Make me!" Dylan yells, throwing his arms up. He leans across the table in between them, fire burning his eyes.

" Oh, I'll make you!" Chris yells back, leaning across the table as well.

Their heavy breathing takes up the silence, heat coming off the boys. Dylan swallows the saliva in his mouth, noticing how close they both are. His eyes slowly look down, his body moving back to the sitting position, Chris following after.

" Are you a fag it something?" Dylan wonders, pushing his hair from his face. Chris' lips form a scowl, brows narrowing.

" Look who's talking. You keep looking like you wanna fuck me."

" Oh fuck you."

" Gladly."