×°•••

Thanks to Teddy taking the radio from the treehouse, him and Vern are now singing 'Lollipop' (offkey).

Chris, Gordie, and Dylan walk behind. Gordie and Chris are okay with the silence, but Dylan fidgets with Gordie's jacket (which he forgot he still had on), the silence between them creating ringing in his right ear.

" I got some Winstons. Hawked them from my old man's dresser. One apiece for after supper," Chris says, starting a conversation.

" Yeah, that's cool," Gordie adds, Dylan only nods his head, hoping it would make the ringing his ear leave. It didn't work. " D'you think I'm weird?" Gordie asks.

" Definitely." Chris answer just has sarcasm dripping off of it, but Gordie wasn't joking.

" No guys, seriously. Am I weird?" he repeats, placing his arm in front of the two, forcing them to stop with him.

" You are. But so what? Everyone else is. Being normal is a myth," Dylan speaks up, taking a chance and looking at the boy.

The two nod in understanding, walking once more until Chris spoke up. " You ready for school?"

Gordie answers with a yes while Dylan shakes his head no, luckily forcing the ringing to leave his ear. " Why not?" Gordie asks.

" We split," Dylan points at all three of them before placing his finger on Gordie, " and you leave us."

" He's right," Chris agrees," It's not like grammar-school, that's why. You're taking your college-courses while me, Teddy, Vern, and Dylan will be in shop-courses with all the rest of the retards making ashtrays and birdhouses. You gonna meet a lot of new guys. Smart guys." Gordie forces his head down this time as Dylan forces himself to look ahead at Vern and Teddy; he knows only Gordie is going to make something of himself.

" Meet a lot of pussies is what you mean." Dylan forces to stop abruptly, nearly making him trip on his feet.

" Don't you dare say that damn it. Don't even think it," he orders, placing his finger on the brunette once more, who only pushes it off harshly.

" I'm not going to meet a lot of pussies, forget it!"

" Well then you're an asshole!" Chris exclaims throwing his arms up as well, stopping in front of the two.

" What's an asshole about wanting to be with your friends?"

" No Gordie. It's an asshole if your friends drag you down with them," Chris nods with the long blond. " You hang with us, you'll be just another wise guys with shit for brains."

" You could be a real writer someday, Gordie," Chris states.

" Fuck writing! I don't wanna be a writer! It's stupid! It's a stupid waste of time!"

" This is your dad talking, Gordie," Dylan states.

" Bullshit."

" Bulltrue," Chris adds on. " We know how your dad feels about you, he doesn't give a shit about you. Denny was the one he cared about, and don't try to tell me different! You're just a kid, Gordie."

" Oh gee, thanks, dad!"

" Wish the hell I was your dad. You wouldn't be going around talking about taking these stupid shop courses if I was. It's like God gave you something, man. All those stories that you can make up. An' he said: ' This is what we got for you, kid, try not to lose it.' But kids lose everything unless there's someone there to look after them. And if your parents are too fucked up to do it then maybe I and Dylan should since we care more about you than your own blood does."

" Then why the hell can't you two just join with me damn it!? Explain that to me!"

" Because we're thieving lowlifes. That's why." Gordie anger falters. The way Dylan spoke like it was a fact, shows he believes it himself.