××°•••

Chris looks back at Dylan every few minutes; the long blond strolling behind slowly, staring at the tracks below him. The look on his face shows his mind is filled with his own thoughts.

Soon everyone stops, looking at the horizon before them. Chris takes a step ahead of everybody before saying, " Gentlemen, the Royal."

" God, the tracks go way out of the way." Dylan turns his head, finding the track going in the opposite direction.

" If we cut across this field right here, we'll be there in an hour," Chris states pointing towards the endless field.

" I say we go across the field."

" Gordie? Dylan?"

" Yeah," Gordie agrees, Dylan giving a small nod.

" Let's go!" All the boys towards the Royal, well except Vern and Teddy;  Vern is being a humongous chicken as Teddy pretends he's at war, using his rolled up mat as a bazooka.

" Hey guys! You don't know what's in the woods!" Vern pauses for a moment before yelling, " Hey you guys wait up for me!" He follows the rest, a loud thump echoing across the field. A chuckle leaves Dylan, but he continues running. Both him and Chris make it to the woods first, stopping in front of about a foot of mud.

Gordie comes next, then Teddy and Vern. They all look around for another way. Dylan rolls his eyes, taking a step into the mud.

His foot sinks to the top of the ankle, a disgusting squeaking out leaving the mud. He doesn't care, however, taking another step before repeating himself. " C'mon guys," Chris mutters before following, the others doing the same as well.