ו••

'No Trespassing' is the first thing Dylan looks at; it's in big letters, covered in some dirt but for most it brings worry. The fence around the area creates a feeling of loneliness, but also power. A thin layer of rust covers it everything in the junkyard, similar to the dust in Denny's. The area is enforced by Milo Pressman, the junkman, and his dog, Chopper.

Chopper is (supposedly) the most feared and notorious dog in Castle Rock, maybe in Oregon. But among this rumor, he's least seen dog.

Legend has it, though, that Milo taught Chopper to not just to sic, but sic "specific parts' of the human anatomy. Thus, when a kid illegally scales the junkyard fence they might hear the deadly cry: 'Chopper, sic balls!'

 " Hey, Vern, looks like your ma's been out drivin' again," Dylan jokes, leaning against the fence. The last car ride he had with Mrs. Tessio he nearly broke his neck from how sharp her turns were.

 " Ah that's so funny I forgot to laugh."

 " Stand back, men! Paratroops over the side!" Teddy commands, throwing his bag over. Climbing the fence he screams out army codes and chants. Vern runs behind him, needing-- no requiring-- water.

The three friends follow, hopping over and moving towards the well. Gordie, Dylan, and Chris all walk together in that order.

 " Teddy's crazy," Chris breaks the silence.

 " Yeah, definitely," Dylan smirks, staring at the ants he murders underneath his feet.

 " He won't live to be twenty I bet," Gordie adds in, " Remember the time you saved him in the tree?" That question makes Dylan look up, waiting to see Chris' reaction.

 " Yeah. You know I dream about that sometimes. Except in the dream I always miss him. I just get a couple of his hairs and down he goes. It's weird."

 " Yeah, that is weird. But you didn't miss him. Chris Chambers never misses, does he?" Dylan boasts, pushing the latter's body with his own.

 " Not even when the ladies leave the seat down." He makes a O with his pointer finger and thumb, spitting through. Dylan gives him a half-assed smile, looking back to the dirty ground. " Hey, I'll race ya!"

 Gordie punches Dylan softly, who gets the signal before answering. " No. I don't know."

 " Yeah, I don't know either man," Dylan adds in.

 " Right to the pump man, come on!"

 " I'm kind of tir-three two one go!" Gordie and Dylan drop their stuff without a care, running with all their might.

 " You two are dead!" His footsteps grow closer with each second. " It looks like Merrill may have him this time. He's got Chambers beat! But what's this? Chambers is making his move! It's neck and neck! Chambers takes the tape by a millisecond! The crowd goes wild!" He screams. The three slow to a stop, taking greedy breathes of air. The glances they give each other brings smile to each face.