Misunderstood Clues

"Layla, why did you went into the forest?" Nicolae asked, "Do you not see the danger that lurks within the dark?

"I'm sorry, Nicolae," I responded, "I didn't mean to worry anyone. I was feeling a little blue and thought of spending a little time with nature. Believe me, I feel much better now." It's all thanks to the wolf and his soothing presence.

"I see..." Nicolae doesn't look convinced. He stares into my eyes for a little longer than usual. His eyes are so mesmerizing. No, I mustn't get attached. I mustn't...

Nicolae signs. It's as if he didn't find any answers. What exactly is he looking for?

"Very well," Nicolae signed, "You must rest. Tomorrow, I need you to take good care of Lorie, as I will be away early in the morning."

"I understand. Thank you." I paused, then turned to Peter, and gave him a hug, wrapping my hands around his neck and my face smudged against his. "Thank you for saving me. Thanking you for finding me. I don't know what would I've done without you. You are truly a wonderful friend."

Peter tenses up, obviously stunned. He eventually returns my hug. "You're welcome, my friend." His smile is beautiful. I wish he smiles more often. He always looks his best when he does. Ugh, what am I saying? Not even two days and I called him my friend. Is it even possible to have a friend so quickly?

I bid both brothers goodnight, before heading off to bed. Yet something troubles me. Why is Peter's body so cold? The only other person who ever been this cold is Lydia, two hours after she died. I gripped onto her hands, not believing it could happen. But it was true. Her body temperature says it all. The heat of life has left her. He's obviously not dead. Yet, not even a person suffering from hypothermia can get this cold. He's not shivering uncontrollably and his speech is normal. He doesn't seem confused nor seem very faint.

"Little thing! Coming home so late?"

I jumped and turned around. Drogo is standing there, smirking.

"What do you want?" I asked softly.

"You were standing in front of your door for a while, so I thought I check to see if you're alright," Drogo answered.

"I'm fine..."

"You don't look like it."

"I'm just tired."

"You and I know it's more than that."

I have no strength to argue with him. He stares at me with his fascinating amber eyes. Damnit! Why are all the brothers so handsome and attractive!? I can feel my face burning up. I can see Drogo, shrugging at last. 

"Good night, little thing." He walks off.

I went into my room and took a shower. The water stings as it runs against my freshly cut wounds.  After I finished, I went to my bed and fell asleep immediately...

...................................

I woke up before my alarm. I can see the sun just started to rise. It's so beautiful! Such warmth and vibrant colors to bless us with another great day. At least, I hope it is...

I got dressed, as usual, my university sweater with long, black dress pants. I went into Lorie's room, open her curtains, and woke her up.

"Good morning, Lorie! It's time for school!"

Lorie growls as she got up. "Where's Nicolae?"

"He has to start work earlier, so he asked me to take care of you," I answered.