Sebastian's Wrath

"Layla, can we please talk?"

"Cato...now is not the time. I have to go back to work."

"Look, I don't know why you have been avoiding me, but I don't want to suffocate from anticipation. I want to know if you'll be waiting for me.

"Cato...where are you going?"

"On an exploration with one of the most famous archaeologists in the world. I have been keeping in contact with him. He invited me to come to the university he teaches so I could take a class before deciding the next step."

"Cato, I'm not sure if I can wait that long..."

"What? Why?"

"I don't know. I mean, I don't have time for this kind of thing. I am already under a lot of stress trying to save people's lives. The idea of waiting...I don't even know where my heart stands...I need more time to understand myself."

"Layla, What am I to you? Tell me, please."

..........

I never answered him. I just turned around and left because I was running late for work. This is another regret I have...

Dragging my feet through the empty halls, I could feel the past catching up to me once again. No matter what I do, I could never escape my regrets. When Cato told me he was going away, I was so upset. Fate must be mocking me because I ended up meeting his mentor and moving into the city he planned to live in. Why am I still here?

"Layla! Are you alright?"

I turned around and saw Sebastian approaching me with a smile. Upon seeing my expression, he stops smiling and starts looking fretful.

"Layla, what's wrong?" he asked, "Come to my office. We can discuss anything that is bothering you from here."

I sigh and follow my instructor into his office. I sat on a chair right in front of his desk. His office is filled with different cultural items and artifacts, including dreamcatchers, gemstones, animal skulls, unique instruments, an Egyptian looking necklace, and so much more. Sebastian hands me a cup.

"Some herbal tea to relax your nerves."

I smile and take the cup into my hands. Sebastian drags a chair next to me and sat down. I sip my tea silently as Sebastian observes me with his golden-amber eyes.

"Give me your arms..."

I place the cup on his desk and rolled up both sleeves. He nods, smiling.

"Layla, I'm proud of you. Stopping is the first step to recovery. Don't worry about the scars. Think of them as your battle scars. It's not easy going through your situation. As a survivor of a tragic event, you are very strong. One of the strongest people I ever met."

"Thank you..."

I tried to pull my hands away from him, but Sebastian held on. He looks at me softly with a strange desire in his eyes. He pulls me out of my seat and ended up sitting on top of his leg. He hugs me tightly and nuzzles his head against my neck. I love it when he holds me. When I'm in his arms, I feel safe. As if nothing can hurt me...

"Layla, I never have seen you wearing a scarf before," Sebastian said softly.

"I'm trying out a new look," I said anxiously.

Sebastian doesn't say anything. The air was suddenly heavier. Did I say something wrong? Before I could comprehend anything, Sebastian rips the scarf off of me, revealing the bite Peter left me the night before. I jumped and run to the other side of his desk, feeling ashamed.