Secrets Unveiled

It has been almost two weeks since I came to Mystery Spell. My routine consists of Lorie's sulking and playing with her horrific dolls, attending classes, Loan trying to flirt with me, Samatha threatening me, homework, playing with Lorie some more, battle with my demons, cut to numb myself, play a little piano, sleep, repeat. Of course, I do have some good moments like listening to Peter play the piano and having a conversation with him, Sarah's radiant smile and her positive attitude, Nicolae's caring and gentle persona, and my wolf's soothing presence to comfort me as a cry every night. Yes, sneaking out of the forest is bad, but I love my wolf. He's the sweetest animal I ever met. There were some weird moments. Professor Jones has been asking me to speak with him after class every day. He keeps asking me about my well being, and of course, I tell him that I'm fine. I constantly see a sadness in his eyes, as if he knows I'm lying, but doesn't say anything. As for my relationship with both Lorie and Drogo, it's not going so well. Lorie seems to want to murder me and Drogo is being obnoxious. I hope that changes soon.

It's going to be another stressful day. To avoid any overwhelming feelings, I decided to give myself one cut. It wouldn't make a difference. No one will see, no one will care. I had my knife on my skin when a knock on the door gave me a fright. I accidentally slashed myself deeper than usual. Shit. This one is deep. I quickly wrapped a towel around it, put on my university top, and open the door. There was no one there. Odd. I could have sworn someone was knocking at my door. I rolled up my sleeve, removed the towel, and tossed it under the bed. I took a bunch of paper towel and used it as bandages. This will do for now.

.....................................

I met up with Sarah and we both head to our Myths and Legends class to attend the lecture of the great and gorgeous professor. We took our seats in front of the lecture. Soon enough, the lecture seats filled up quickly. Indeed, our dear professor is quite popular. How does he deal with this much attention?

Sebastian Jones enter the lecture, walked to his desk, and set everything up. Sarah is observing him from head to toe and eventually blushes.

"He's so hot!" she exclaimed, whispering in my ear, "I feel like I'm going crazy! Ever wonder what he's like in bed?"

I shook my head and laugh. "Sarah, you're too funny."

Sebastian cleared his throat. Immediately, the class fell into silence. "Good morning everyone. Today, we will be moving on to our next lesson." He pauses to write the main topic on the board: vampires.

"We will be discussing the topic of vampires today. As you may have heard, vampires have fangs and drink human blood. This part is true. However, the vampires in myths are not what movies display them to be. In certain myths..."

I felt myself drifting off. Vampires, really? Never in my life have I ever met any of them. Another fantasy hoax. Exhausted, I felt myself falling asleep. Suddenly, I smell smoke.  I quickly open my eyes and saw flames surrounding me. Cato and I were there, running together.

"Layla, I have to reach my parents before the fire does. You have to let me go."

"Cato, no. It's too dangerous if we split up. Lydia is coming with my mom. We can leave together!" I shouted.

"Layla, I don't want to regret not trying to save my mom and dad. I will be okay. I promise we will be together after this ends."

"Cato, please don't leave. We don't know where your parents are. If you turn back, you will surely burn to death!"

"Layla, I won't burn to death. I promise I will make it out there alive."

"Cato, I wanted to tell you something. I--"