Chapter 1

Mundane. That was the young girl's everyday life up until that moment. She attended school, returned home, gamed, did chores. That was it. A simple and mundane life that the girl would've chosen over what was to come.

This new life of her's would only bring chaos, regret, fear, hate. Anyone would choose a dull life over suffering any day, right?

But at that moment she simply wanted to be rid of her own boredom. "Boring... Aren't I in the prime of my youth? What a boring waste of time."

To stave off her own boredom she went for a walk, simply to be surrounded by her own thoughts.

And then she died. The cause? An idiot driving under the influence. Someone else's foolish mistake caused the girl to die. A girl her age, dying in the prime of youth from some random day drinker, when she's the one who's supposed to be making stupid mistakes to screw up her own life.

It was the driver's fault that the last sound she heard was the ear piercing blaring of car horns.

Do you want to live?

[YES] or [NO]

A voiced boomed, resounding in the closed space that was the girl's conscience.

I don't know.

Do you want to live?
[YES] or [NO]

I suppose.

Confirmation: The user wants to live.
[True] or [False]

True.

Answer Registered. Initiating reincarnation process...

And the girl was alive once more.

"No, no, no...! How could this be... Your child!! It neither moves, nor does it cry..." A small panicked voice cried. The repeated slaps on the child's face quickly became uncomfortable and painful. A weird, short sort of wail escaped the child. The woman sighed, relieved that the child was alive.

"Cordelia, the child lives." The woman whispered calmly as the bathed the child. Evelyn Frinton was acting as a wet nurse for her sister, the former Archduchess of Argent, who was now lying in bed exhausted.

"Thank you, Evelyn." The former Archduchess murmured weakly to her sister as she tried to sit up.

"Cordelia! Don't strain yourself, what would I do if you were to be injured!" Exclaimed Evelyn.

Suddenly, a calm, but eager voice could be heard from the other side of the door.

"May we come in? Alfred and I are looking forward to meeting the child." The voice had come from the ex-Archduke of Argent, Cedric D'Argent.

"Yes, of course brother-in-law!" Evelyn replied cheerily as she finished bundling up the child. Cedric opened the door, letting himself in along with his son. With a smile, he glanced over to his wife, and to the arms of Evelyn Frinton where his newborn child lay. The young son of Cedric and Cordelia quickly ran up to Evelyn his hands extending up towards his new baby sister.

"Aunt Evelyn, I'd like to see da baby... Please..!" Pouted Alfred, who was still out stretched, reaching for the child in the arms of the Countess of Frinton.  Smiling, Evelyn crouched down allowing the small child to see his sister.