Chapter 23

"I don't know... I don't know what happened..."

Mireille woke up the Marie Fylan's helpless whimpering. She groaned as she pushed herself to a sitting position.

"Mireille... She's awake..." Kian announceed awkwardly. "Mireille... Did you pour the hot tea on Marie?" He asks hesistantly.

"I didn't." She replied coldly, still in a bad mood from Marie.

"Mireille... Please stop lying... The nurse even said that if Marie got here any later she'd have lasting scars from the magic." Williams begged, not looking Mireille in the eye.

Mireille bit the inner corner of her cheek, she really wanted scream and say "Suit yourself, asshole. Doesn't matter to me if you think I'm lying." But she held back and this is what came out of here mouth instead. "Though I have no proof that I didn't do it. I would never resign myself to something so low." If I were to do something to her, she wouldn't have gotten off with just some measly burn scars. She would've been incinerated. Is what Mireille wanted to continue to say, but of course, she held back for fear of digging herself into a deeper hole.

"If you'll excuse me." Mireille staggered as she helped herself out of bed.

Kian reached out to hold Mireille down. "You should rest some more. The nurse said your wounds are worse."

"Thanks but I'd be more comfortable in my dorm room."

Mireille shook Kian off and excused herself once more. Then Alfred D'Argent walked in with some food for her. "Mireille?! What are you doing? Hey! You should get back to bed!"

Mireille ignored her brother as well and trudged leaning against the wall for support.

"Hey! If you're going somewhere at least let me carry you!" Alfred complained, annoyed that his little sister never relied on him. He carefully followed his little sister, leaving the other three first years in the room alone.

"Look! She's clearly running away from guilt!" Williams exclaimed angrily.

"Will, she's not that type of person. Really!" Kian insisted. He believed that it was an accident that Marie had the tea spilled on her. To him, Mireille looked like a calm and calculating person, if she really did do it intentionally there must've been a reason!

"I don't believe Mireille is that type of person! I have to go talk to her!" Marie cried.

"Oh, please, if you go to her again, she'll probably do something worse!" Williams had thought that the so-called fragile young lady of the Argent house was quite respectable up to this point. Yet, with this incident all his respect for her went down the drain.

Mireille finally gave up on walking and gave in. She let Alfred carry her all the way back to her dorm. "Mireille, can you tell me what happened?"

Mireille simply sighed, she omitted the parts about the game but she told her brother about how Marie Fylan suddenly freaked out and poured the tea all over herself. Alfred plopped his little sister onto her bed and let her rest. "Hey, want any food?"

Mireille smiled at her brother, "No, just go to class. I'll manage."

"No."

"Go."

"No."

"Go."

"No."

"Go."

"No."

"Go."

"No."

"Go."