Chapter 18

The two decided to sit side by side in class. Both were thinking of the other's identity.

Kian was thinking about how stupid he was. Due to her small stature he had assumed that Mireille was the younger sibling of an applicant and was waiting for them. But in reality, she was both the sickly and weak child of the Argent house, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, the most powerful and intelligent person of the first years. When he saw her in the tree, he didn't immediately think that she was the person who finished before him, but instead he was glad to meet the girl who didn't obsess with his identity again. How could he be so terribly stupid?

Mireille on the other hand was thinking of her rather tragic fate. Befriend a death flag, and you become unable to unfriend this death flag without making an enemy our of him. Damned prince had to hide his eye color, huh?

Aside from just Kian la Reial, there were multiple more death flags sitting in the same room as her. In a class of fifty she could easily spot the majority of capture targets in the room. First off, Kian la Reial, Williams Belmont, Fredrick Belmont, and finally Silas Carlyle.

Some death flags are the older sister of Silas Carlyle and friend of the heroine- Cassandra Carlyle, the heroine's friend and a powerful elemental - Elaine Marion, the younger sister of the Belmont's - Lorraine Belmont, the younger sister of the heroine - Lilia Fylan, and finally the heroine herself - Marie Fylan.

"Why," Mireille thought. "There are like ten potential threats to my life sitting in the same room as me. A fifth of the class are dangerous people. Dangerous to me."

Mireille started to get a headache one she started to think about all the other people in school that were quite a threatto her. She began listing in her head again.

Lucius Frinton - her cousin who was two years her senior, Anthony von Clarkin - who was in the same class as Lucius, Lachlan la Reial - Kian la Reial's older brother, Emil D'Argent - who would return to the academy as a teacher soon after graduating, Kaius Calnore - a beastman who was specifically from the War Wolf Tribe, and her brother - Alfred D'Argent who has all his capture events in school and continues his scandalous relationship with Miss Heroine after he graduates as well.

Of course, this wasn't even counting the people who were backing each capture target outside of school. Not even close. All Mireille could think was, "I'm so fucked." After about an hour of contemplating life and death, Mireille had a hand lightly shaking her shoulder.

"Mirei- er, Lady Argent?"

"Ah, Mireille's fine." She smiled at the kid beside her. Kian la fucking Reial. She was about to get out of her seat when began to Marie and Lilia Fylan waltz on over.

"Kian," Marie, hops over all smiles and rainbows. "You came so late, I didn't even get to see you before now."

"Haha, yeah. It was kinda my fault, I'll make sure I'm on time for my next class though." Kian replied casually.

"My... Mireille! I would never have expected for you to acquaint yourself with Kian this quickly!" Marie Fylan smiled, with a glint in her eye. She too was reincarnated and had long picked up that Mireille D'Argent was as well. After all, her actions strayed from the original plot by far too much. She readily avoided any of Marie's plans to ruin her reputation and didn't act snootily like the in-game Mireille.

"We just happen to meet. Why don't we go to our second period together? We'll be late at this rate."

Marie Fylan agreed and closely stuck to Kian la Reial, while Mireille walked along side Lilia Fylan. Unlike with her scheming sister, Mireille quite liked Lilia. She an interesting girl, kind of a scaredy cat but she was daring and wanted to improve every aspect of herself. Even through all her struggles her father, Luis Fylan, still favored the lovable heroine as opposed to her well groomed younger sister.