Chapter 13

After what seems like and eternity Emil and Alfred leave the cathedral. I really have to commend these two eight year olds. They can actually properly do business and communicate with adults, I wonder if it's because they are apart of the five pillar families?

Al and Emil bring me around the city. They brought me to a whole bunch of places. I for one, found the market especially interesting. It was filled with stalls and booths like it was some sort of festival. We continued on to make our way to the guild and pass by a kinda wrecked area. Y'know, crumbling buildings that look kinda dated. Maybe I'm kinda retarded, 'cause I should've noticed it earlier, but it wasn't like some really old historical site or something. But it was actually the slums...

"Mireille, stop looking out the window." He says dragging me back into the carriage. What? Y'all think I shouldn't know about this shit? "Al..."

I whine and pout a bit, but Alfred just gives me the "I will totally explain to you later" look. Then the carriage shook as it stops abruptly. I hear the coachman sighing.

"I'm afraid I must ask you to move miss."

"Please I'm begging you! Please spare just a few copper coins!" A young girl begged, she only appeared to be in her early teens.

The coachman continued to deny her request, and even I was already feeling very sorry. "Al...?" I could only beg Al to give her some money, after all, he was the one the Archduke entrusted today's budget with.

But Al was shrugged and hopped out of the carriage. "Here. It's not safe for you to suddenly come on to the road." He hands the girl a small plain sack of coins and climbs back into the carriage.

"Couldn't we have given her more?" I ask.

"Hmph." Al huffs, turning away.

"Hey what's wrong with you?!" But Al simply a ignores me. Fine if you're gonna be like that, I'll ignore you too!

And so for the rest of the trip we sit in silence, with Emil smiling awkwardly in between.

We soon reach the heart of the capital and stop in front of a huge guild hall. I jump of the carriage in awe of the grand guild that was much different to the small guild of the small village at the west end of the Kingdom of Lysithea.

I rush inside without Reuben or any other guard to quickly change the info on my guild card.

"M'lady?!"

I sprint into one of the empty info altering booths, leaving the guards behind. You see, the guild gives half like a fuck and a half about what name you use.

You can change it as many times as you want whenever you want. But any quests you do under that that name is recorded under that specific name even if you change your name later.

Which is perfect for me, because as a four year old, I haven't done any quests yet. So I can safely change my name without any trace of my old one. My brain just does the weird little thing and starts leading from one thing to another. 

Full name: Mireille Seraphina Ritre Argent de Lysithea -> Serphina -> Seraph -> Seraph is an angel -> name on guild card is Angelica.

My fingers fly over what you could call this world's keyboard and finish altering my guild card.

It's a business that is tied closely with the government here. So guild cards can act as official ID's as well. Really, it's like your basic isekai/other world anime guild.

I look outside and there's kinda a commotion. Oof, even though I kinda expected them to freak out a little bit, I'd never thought the knights would be bursting into the guild like this. Whoops?

"Mireille!" Al grabs me by the shoulders as soon as he sees me. "Stop running off like that-!"

"What are some rich brats like you doing 'ere?!" The man smashes his mug against the wooden table.

Excuse me, whomst the fuck are you?? The knight react immediately and begin surround us, properly doing their job. 

"Yound Lord Alfred, Young Lord Emil, Lady Mireille, please stand back." Reuben orders.

"HAHHH? What do you think ur doin'?" The drunkard picks up his own sword, and readies himself to take on Reuben and the other handful of knights.

Emil quickly herds up me and Alfred, and we huddle away in a corner with the rest of the crowd.

-CLANGG-

I can only watch as the swords are flung out of everyone's hands. The guild receptionist hops over the desk. "This isn't a fighting ring. We're a business, if you wish to fight please do so outside." She glanced towards the door, "If not, don't blame me for being rude."

Emil quickly signals for Reuben to withdraw. He gives the drunk a disdainful glare and apologizes to the guild receptionist.

I step up myself and apologize once more on Reuben's behalf. "Sorry, miss. Reuben was just worried for our safety. I'll make sure Reuben and the other knights don't resort to violence right away next time, miss receptionist."

"Yes, I think we've had enough sightseeing for now. Haven't we Mireille?" Alfred yanks me back into his arms and smiles as he says this.

The guild receptionist's eyes quickly widen upon seeing Emil and Alfred. "No way..." She gasps. She quickly turns to the drunk, "I apologize sir, but since you're the instigator of this situation I must ask you to come with me. The other party must come as well..."

The drunkard immediately takes offense and begins to cause a scene again, but the receptionist just looks really fucking done and knocks him out. She apologizes to everyone else in the guild hall and they're chill with it.

We're then escorted into a small room, and were quickly released. But I must admit, the power of the Argent family is pretty damn useful. The receptionist pretty much let us go after she confirmed that Emil and Alfred were in fact, members of the Argent family.

Well anyway, guess who got banned from leaving the house?! ME! Now I don't have to worry about running into the heroine! Not. Claude D'Argent is forcing me to visit the Fylan House, he says he'll ground me for an extra two months if I don't. Bleh.