Chapter 30

"Mireille."

Mireille turned her head, almost shaking off the little pup from the top of her head. "Hm, yeah?"

"Are you actually keeping that monster?" Cassandra asked from over six meters away.

"Yeah, I mean it's actually kinda like a dog. Except for the fact that he can breath fire and has horns. I think it imprinted on me."

"Imprinted?" Elaine shivered, at the sight of the dog despite standing far away from Mireille.

Mireille scratched her cheek and pouted a little bit. Imprinting... Perhaps she was the one who was imprinting on this monster of a pet. It was quite literally a monster, one that had a high probability of becoming a demonic beast.

She wondered how she got attached to this little rascal. What type of black magic did it cast on her?

"Fucking superb, you hyper active dog." And in response, the little pup yipped happily. If Hell Hounds could actually hypnotize people that would be quite useful for Mireille's escape of high society. How she wished it could hypnotize people.

"Mireille."

As soon as Mireille heard her brother's voice she whipped her head around and smiled, but she was only greeted with an angered grin. 

"Would you care to explain why you haven't informed me of your recent adoption of a Hell Hound?" He interrogated, with a kind yet menacing smile.

"Brother, isn't it a waste to spend your days wallowing in anger of the past?"

"Mireille Seraphina Ritre Argent de Lysithea!"

"Hey, Cass, Elaine. I'm afraid I have to leave or my brother dearest will kill me, bye!"

"Mireille!"

Mireille ran as fast as she could. All she had to do was lose Alfred and then she could do whatever she wanted. With her mana flow limited it would become fairly difficult to track her down. Now, the question was if Mireille could escape.

Mireille dashed from her usual, secluded training spot and into the main part of the school. She darted into the girl's washroom.

"To hell with that," Alfred cussed.

Most people knew that there was a window in the girl's washroom for ventilation and light during the day. Mireille would likely go through the window to escape through there, so Alfred quickly left to get to the other side of the school where she would be.

After Alfred left another girl stepped out of the washroom and looked from side to side. "Hey, Mireille, Alfred left."

"Oh, good. I apologize for the trouble." Mireille smiled, as she smuggled the Hell Hound out of the toilet under her uniform.

She then very casually walked out of the bathroom and down the halls towards the garden by the library. By now, she had memorized the layout of the maze like bushes and could get to the center of the maze by memory.

"Alright, pupper. It's just you and me." She declared as she tucked the hand-sized dog into the pocket of her uniform and started scaling the tree. One she reached the top she leaned back and smiled as she released the pup. "Now, don't fall and die." In which was responded with a small and energetic "yip."

She pulled herself up onto a thick branch high up on the tree and as she pulled her body onto the branch her eyes met with familiar wide lavender eyes, which stared at her in confusion. But Mireille hadn't the time to stop an chat. She could hear Alfred's voice nearing and needed to get out of sight. Otherwise, her brother really was going to kill her for keeping the hell hound as a pet. 

"If you'll excuse me." She said as she jumped up to another branch. Once she settled into the branch atop of Kian's she put a finger up to her lip and pleaded that he wouldn't rat her out. She watched from above as her brother jogged up to the tree, calling out her name. He looked up to see Kian and greeted him casually.

"Oh, hey Kian. Have you seen Mireille? I could've sworn I felt her presence around here..."

He shook his head with a smiled. "Nope. I've been the only one in the garden this whole afternoon. I'll let you know if she drops by."

"Oh, thanks anyway." And with that, he stalked off in a pout.

Mireille looked down at the boy below her and thanked him quietly and prepared to get herself down to switch spots. Since her usual spot was occupied by Kian. 

"Wait," he grabbed the coat of her uniform. "Can we talk?"