Chapter 25

"Ah!" Mireille fell to the floor along with the rest of her furniture. She watched as the headmaster paced around as if he was without a care in the world.

"Welcome!" He exclaimed with broad welcoming arms, "to you new room!"

"It's the same as the other one."

"Aha, you caught me!" The headmaster giggled, "but the people you're rooming with are absolutely different... Besides! Wouldn't you want to fix up your appearance before introducing yourself?"

Mireille glanced down, silver strands filled her vision. Silver? She took in a deep breath, looked up to the ceiling and back down to her silver locks of hair which rested on her chest. Silver.

Mireille looked up to see the headmaster dancing around her room with the green crystal she had received from her brother. "Give it back."

"Ahaha, not. A. Chance~" The headmaster teased, raising the stone well above his head. Making it impossible for the short and petite Mireille to reach for it. Mireille clumsily stood up and charged for the headmaster. Instead of backing down the headmaster raised it even high than before, but unbeknownst to him, Mireille wasn't aiming for the magic core.

She made a swift kick to the headmaster's groin, and he instantly buckled at the waist, falling to Mireille's level. The silver haired girl snatched the crystal and shoved it into her pocket, restoring her brown haired appearance. "If you want the apple on the top of the tree, but cannot reach for it, bring the apple to you." She scoffed in annoyance.

"UGHHH... I REGRET IT LADY ARGENT.... PLEASE..." The headmaster begged as he rolled on the floor.

"Hey, asshole! Why're you disrupting our dorm so early in the morning!" A loud, ginger haired young man bust down the door. "Huh?" He glanced at the small girl with furrowed eyebrows and a pout. "A newbie?"

"Hey... Donny ma boy, do you wanna help me?" The headmaster asked weakly.

"Donny" stalked passed the headmaster and went straight to Mireille. "Hmmm, were ya just collared girlie? It don't look like you'd put up much of a figh- ugh!"

Mireille glared as she held her knee at "Donny's" crotch for a moment before putting her foot back down. "The fuck are you?" She asked in disgust. "A pedo?"

As of now, Mireille had no restraint and went from a elegant noble lady to a juvenile delinquent in the 21st century. She was angry, confused, and incredibly lost. She wanted to smack Marie Fylan in the face for doing this to her.

She tried to pull her sword from her dimensional ring, but it didn't open. She took the ring off her hand and shook it a few times. Still not working. She smack it a few times as if the ring were an old TV, but nope. Nothing. Then it hit her.

Dimensional rings needed to be supplied with mana for it to open. With her mana sealed she couldn't do anything about it.

"HAHA! You're just some new collared kid who can't even access any mana while still collared! Are yew an idiot? Yer mana's sealed!"

Mireille slipped the ring back on and began mumbling, "that'll have to do." She trudged towards her closet and pulled out a lacy parasol. "Will 'O the Wisps. Lend me your flames."

"Donny's" eyes widen as he watched the parasol being enveloped in flames, though his enemy was small he could feel beads of sweat rolling off his forehead.

"Now, how would you like to be cooked? Well done? Or to charcoal?" She raised the parasol as if it were a rapier, and pointed it at the ginger haired boy.

"I, er, uh, is rare... an option?" He laughed.

"No." Mireille raise her parasol as if she were slice down on the ginger with a sword.

"Hol' up." A black haired girl lifted Mireille up, leaving her dangling in the air. "Who's this short kid? No way she's newbie right?"

Within moments others with black collars began to poke their noses out of their rooms and had Mireille restrained. "This kid... Did she just get collared? I feel like the collar is screwing up her emotions and her mana flow right now."

"Bingo! Just gonna tell you, her collaring was pretty interesting... This girl's a member of the five pillars after all." The headmaster announced with his usual quirky voice.

Silenced filled the room. The students here detested the five pillars for restraining them and treating them like imprisoned beasts. The stared at the unconscious girl lying on the bed. She was quite literally only three days into her first year at the academy while most of the people standing in the room were only collared after their second year. Even hell hounds don't eat their own young, but the rulers of their country?

"The dark magic really got to her, huh? Was in hysteria literally moments after being collared." Roy Aizen said patting the girl's head.

"I still think it's your fault for screwing with her in the first place." Donny stated.

"Oh, yeah, definitely his fault." The rest of the students agreed.

Mireille jerked awake several hours later, with two crystalline rocks in hand. One green and one white.

"Oh? Awake already?" Mireille looked towards to ginger haired young man collared with a black leather band. "I'm Donovan Adler." 

"Sorry. I'm Mireille D'Argent."

"The Argent's, huh?" He said crossing his legs onto the chair he sat on. "I see... I knew that old silver haired man was no good when I first saw 'im."

Mireille glanced at "Donny," the black collar system only existed in Lysithea. Other human countries weren't advanced enough to have such complex magic tools.

"Y'know, I don't blame yah. I blame the shitty headmaster he didn't even give you the light crystal until you blacked out. The collar can cause a lot hysteria 'cuz of the dark magic imbyooed (imbued) in it."

Mireille knew quite well that dark magic was like debuffing magic and that too much exposure to it could lead to crazed hysteria. On the other end of the scale was light magic, which was used to heal and provide buffs, but again light magic generally ended up with the user feeling extreme euphoria. In other words too much of either magic was like ingesting drugs.

"I want to apologize to the other's I almost beat." Mireille slipped out of bed and started out the door.

"Hey, stay in-"

-CRASH-

"bed..." Donavan walked over and picked up Mireille, who had fallen to the ground from lack of strength. "Look 'ere kid, the effects of the shitty collar are too much for a shrimp like you. Right now, you're probably too weak to stand up. Wait for the shitty headmaster to come back an' help ya." Donovan spat. "Don't push yerself kiddo, tho we hate royalty, yer one of us now so we'll care of ya."

"Thanks..."