Chapter 3

The girl awoke the next morning, her body heavy and sluggish. She didn't have the motivation to do much. So she did what anyone would do, she simply rolled over and stay in bed until the sun was at it's peak in they sky. Unfortunately for her the afternoon had arrived and brought another unwanted visitor along with it.

After hearing the light knocks at the front door, Mireille reluctantly got up to check the door. She checked through the windows by the door and her eyes widen when she saw the person standing at the door. 

"Silvery white hair, and green eyes. It couldn't be. Father...?" She mumbled to herself, almost crying at this point. But when she took a closer look she realized it couldn't be, the man standing there had to be a few years older than Cedric D'Argent. "Who...?"

Mireille could vaguely hear her mother's voice in her head, telling her about the significance of her eyes and hair.

The signature Argent look. Silver hair, with eyes of emerald. With the traits, a child of the Argent family could inherit the family fortune and take over as the family head. As long as these traits our present, the only other needs would be, strong magic, and proof of lineage. For generations, the head of the family has had silver hair and emerald eyes.

She reminisced her mother fondly teaching her about our family.  But Mireille remembered that she was a bearer of these traits herself. Would she be considered a threat to whoever was standing at the door with this hair of hers? Mireille calmly let mana circulate throughout her body like how her brother taught her. Transformation magic. It was relatively easy to learn, and was absolutely vital in this instance.

Mireille glanced down at her hair which was now the same shade of brown as her mother's and her brother's. Mireille heard a slight rapping on the door again and dashed over to Alfred's room. The girl repeatedly hit the boy lightly in attempt to wake him.

"Al...! Wake up!"

"What..." He wakes up, looking tired and drained of all his energy. His eyes widen, as soon as he sees me. "Mireille? That you?"

Al sat up confused. "Why-"

"Al, listen. I've had brown hair since the day I was born. My hair is naturally like mother's. Alright? That's the story."

The rapping on the door became increasingly loud. Alfred looked towards the hall, and then back to his sister. They both nodded and walked over to the front door once more. The rapping continued, and it was clear that the person on the other side was getting impatient.

Alfred seemed to know exactly who was behind the door, of course, it was "that man." The man he loathed and hated with the very depths of his heart. He unlocked and opened the door without hesitation.

"Uncle...?!" He gasped, feigning surprise. "What brings you here...?"

"Alfred, I'm very sorry..." The man walked in and took both Alfred and Mireille to sit down. "I received the news. It seems that Cedric and Cordelia have passed."

"What a joke." Mireille scoffed internally, it was as clear as day that this man was lying. The man before her showed no sorrow for the deaths of their parents. Uncle? Mireille thought for herself to have no relation with such a man.

With a single grimace that appeared on Alfred's face, Mireille was immediately hit with despair. The boy was no longer acting, he was just a small child who lost his parents. "Mother, and father..."

She wanted to bury herself in her brother's arms and comfort him but she had to move quickly. She stopped watching from the corner as her brother talked to the man and returned to Alfred's room, where the letters and wills were. Mireille quickly took the letters in hands and recited a spell. [Burn.]