twëlvē

a/n ; wtf the selfie has me in tears,,, my sons !!!! 🤧❤️🧡💓💚🖤💗

" i missed you,"

yunho whispers into changmin's ears, making the younger blushes instantly.

" anyway, these are for you, " changmin shoves the flower to yunho's chest before taking his regular seat next to yunho.

" they're beautiful, thanks " yunho said before putting them next onto the table.

" what a lovely visit, " yunho said before staring into the doe eyes infront of him. changmin hasn't changed much, instead he looks even neater than usual since he has cut and changed his hairstyle–very much that suits him.

his clothing was beautiful rather than the hospital uniform that he always wears.

" have you heard anything from hyorin ? " changmin asked as he scans the other's face, looking for any clue about his feelings.

" yes, clearly we broke up through phone–she apologized for cheating and all but surprisingly i don't feel sad, at all, " yunho explains as he puts the flower inside a vase that changmin hasn't notice before.

" i'm glad that she finally has the gut to tell you the truth, " changmin reaches out for yunho's hand that was resting on his thighs.

" me too, " yunho said, before locking eyes with the younger.

" thank you for visiting me, changminnie. you have no idea how lonely i was without your company, " yunho confesses while chuckles, squeezing changmin's hand that intertwined with his.

" your pleasure, hyung, " changmin blushes at the moment the older squeezes his hand. it felt so unreal when the other warmth comforts every inch of his trembling hand.

changmin looks up, taking a peek of yunho's reaction and immediately blushes as a tomato when the other was staring at him. it was a pure and comforting stare, making his heart beats uncontrollably everytime the corner of yunho's eyes scrunched to form a smile.

clearly, he was head over heels for yunho.

" hyung, i have something to tell you, "

changmin clears his throat, looking down to their intertwined hands.

" i-i like you, "

🌻💛⛅️

" i'm in love with you, hyung. since we first met, " changmin repeats, looking up for yunho's reaction.

the other was totally calm, he keeps up his warm smile as usual, his dark black hair hanging low to his forehead, his tanned cheeks were slightly turns pinkish.

the other didn't say anything instead leaving a total silence fill the air their breath. it makes changmin feels more embarrassed by his own act and regrets for confessing out of the blue even though the older just broke up with his girlfriend.

" y-you don't need to give me an answer, hyung. i will patiently wait until you finally fall for me. " changmin fakes a smile, realizing that he didn't make the situation even better.

" no, changminnie. i will give an answer, now , " yunho said strenly. he pulls back his hand that was intertwined with changmin's and guides it to hold changmin's flawless face.

" i love you, too. "

that three words made changmin's face lights up, but before he could spare a hope to be with the other, yunho continues

" but these feelings i have, are not more than just friends, changminnie." yunho softly pats changmin's head.

changmin was hurt, it's not only he just got 'friend-zoned' by yunho–but the fact that the older gently comforting him makes him feel even worse.

he hates it, he hates how he still falls for every yunho make when he was comforting him.

" i'm sorry changminnie, but i think this is all probably because you were confused. you were still not in your best mental condition when you first met me, i g-guess this can't wor-"

" no, hyung ! you got all of this wrong ! i am clear about my feelings ! and it's true that i am in love with you,- can't- can't you understand ?" 

changmin broke into tears, his tears and sadness were overpowering his body for a moment.

yunho didn't stop comforting him. instead, he pulls that thin body into a hug. he softly pats the weeping back of changmin before whispering "it's okay" into changmin's ears.

" i love you hyung " changmin wails before he wraps his arms around yunho's neck.

and that was when the sunny weather turned cloudy and it was pouring rain. just like changmin's heart.

🌻💛⛅️

changmin drove back home with a heavy heart. he knew he just got rejected by his first crush in a while, and it makes him feel devastated.

he's in a lot misery now compared to when he tried to kill himself.

" changmin, " yunho calls out changmin's name as he notices the younger has stopped crying.

changmin immediately pulls back from yunho's arm to face the older. they locked eyes for a moment before yunho starts to speak,

" i don't want you to get the wrong idea, nor to hurt you. believe me that's the last thing i would want to do to you. it's just i am afraid of losing you, just like i lost hyorin, "

yunho speaks softly, staring down at changmin's trembling lips.

" just lemme think about it, alright, changminnie. don't try to think about doing something weird or else i won't forgive myself, "

maybe his hyung was right, he should've have confessed to him right away after he broke up with his girlfriend.

he slowly went back to his room while thinking about how stupid he can be.

maybe sleeping can actually ease his mind a litlle bit, and he closes his eyes, wishing that today was just a dream that he will never woke up.