2

"You look beautiful." Arkyn approached Bonnie who stood outside her door.
"Well, I suppose, you don't look too bad yourself." She gave him a smile, and he led her to his car, and opened the door. "Fancy car." She said, smirking. "Is it supposed to impress me?"
"If I say yes, would I look like a douche?"
"Hmm, just a little."
"I guess that gives me the entire night to redeem myself." She laughed and got into the car and he closed her door, before going over to his side and getting in.
"So, what brings you to Mystic Falls?"
"Trying to get away from family."
"Oh?" His answer seemed to peak her interest.
"I don't particularly get along with any of my siblings."
"What about your parents?"
"My mom died a long time ago. And my dad, he's not been the same since. So I live alone. I'm emancipated."
"I'm so sorry."
"Yeah, well my dad was kind of an asshole before my mom died and my siblings and I have had our fair share of differences." He pulled up to the school. "Okay, Bonnie Bennett," he got out of the car and headed to her side of the car, "you know my story. How about a little something about you?"
"Only child, my mom left when I was a kid, so I live with my dad. My best friends are Elena and Caroline. I don't know if you saw Elena earlier, I was with her at the Grill."
"I don't know. I could barely take my eyes off a certain beautiful girl." He complimented.
"Oh really?"
"Yeah."
"Ark!" A furious voice called behind him. He smiled apologetically at Bonnie.
"Bonnie, meet Alexis. She's like the little sister I never asked for."
"Nice to meet you," Bonnie gave her an awkward grin.
"So you're the girl who got Arkie out of his shell."
"His shell?"
"Ignore her. What is it Lex?" He asked, and she shoved her phone into his hand. It was a picture of Elena.
"That's what." Arkyn rolled his eyes at her dramatics.
"Please give me a second Bonnie." He said taking Alex to the side.
"You didn't tell me there was a doppelgänger."
"I didn't know until yesterday at the Grill. And that has nothing to do with me."
"How about your brother?"
"Klaus can't know otherwise he'll come here and kill her and everyone around her."
"You're really starting to feel for the witch?"
"You do remember that you're also a witch. You can't use it as a derogatory term." He scolded. "And for once I want something in my life to not revolve around my family. I got away, I have no intention of being sucked back in."
"It's been three centuries."
"And I'm sure if they wanted to find me, they would have. I haven't exactly been hiding." Arkyn sighed. "I gotta go. Just enjoy yourself, and forget about my brother. I don't want death and destruction in this town."
"Fine I'll stay quiet." She huffed.
"Thank you." Arkyn walked away. He found Bonnie inside with her friends.
"Hey, you." Bonnie greeted.
"And who's this?" Her blonde friend looked him over appreciatively. He smiled politely holding out a hand.
"I'm Ark."
"As in the boat?" She asked and he laughed.
"Caroline!" Elena admonished, before turning to Arkyn. "Sorry, you must get that all the time."
"Believe it or not, that's the first time I've heard that."
"Really?" Caroline asked.
"Yeah." He smiled.
"Ark, this is Caroline and Elena."
"Pleased to meet you." He smiled.
"Right back at you." Caroline said, before pausing for a second. "So is Ark short for something or what?"
"It's short for Arkyn."
"That's an unusual name."
"My parents were Viking nuts," he shrugged in explanation.
"I like it." Bonnie smiled.
"Hey, Caroline. Come with me to the punch?" Elena asked, looking at her friend slyly.
"Sure." Caroline caught on, and nodded.
"So those are my friends." Bonnie grimaced. "Sorry."
"They seem nice." Was his reply.
"So your friend, earlier..?"
"Her name's Alexis. She's a long time family friend."
"What did she mean when she said I got you out of your shell?"
"Lex often tries to get me out of the house and at more social events."
"So you're the mysterious and brooding type?"
"Mysterious? Yes. Brooding, however, I take offence to."
"So what would you call it?"
"Well I travel, which kind of means I never spend long enough in one place to meet people."
"So..." she started, "is Mystic Falls just another stop?"
"No. I'm here to stay, I hope." He held his hand out to Bonnie giving her a small bow. "Would you like to dance with me?"
"I'd love to," she smiled, and he led her out. Her arms found their way to the back of his neck as he wrapped his around her waist. "So what's the deal between you and your siblings? You sound more like you hate them than just simple sibling rivalry."
"They- they weren't always bad. Once upon a time I was close to all my siblings. Then our mother died, and my father went crazy, and it was just my siblings and I. My sister and I weren't old enough, so we were under the care of our elder brothers. For a while things were great, till one of my brothers went into a coma. And that's sort of when things fell apart even more. They all changed, and I knew if I stayed with them, I would too. So we left on bad terms. Had this one massive fight, and that was it."
"I'm sorry."
"You keep apologising." He pointed out. "It's not your fault."
"I know. It's just, you've been through a lot."
"Yeah. I'm hoping Mystic Falls can be a new start. I want to start over. No family drama." He smiled, and saw Alexis from the corner of his eye as she made her way to them. "But I guess that means I have to deal with Alexis drama instead." He said as she reached them.
"Mind if I cut in?" She said.
"Would I be a douche to say yes?" He whispered to Bonnie.
"I'm going to get a drink. Like you said earlier. You have all night." She said, walking off.
"Alexis, why can't you go bother your brother?"
"It's Elijah." He immediately tensed and walked her off the dance floor.
"What do you mean it's Elijah?"
"Long list, but essentially he's looking for you."
"He had his chance to come looking, but he never did. Now that I'm off grid he's looking?" Arkyn scoffed.
"Arkyn, let me set up a meeting. Xavier and I will go with you, somewhere far from here."
"No. Ignore it. Go home, fortify your cloaking spell. If he comes here, he'll bring Klaus with him and they'll kill Elena and everyone she's close to. Alexis, no."
"Come on. You've been waiting to hear from either of your siblings. Now he's looking for you."
"Well I don't care. I haven't been waiting to hear from them. There was a reason I left them behind." Arkyn said, his eyes flashing dangerously, and he walked away. He walked over to Bonnie.
"You okay?" She saw his expression.
"Yeah. But I- I gotta go."
"What, why?"
"I'm really not the best company tonight. If you don't mind, Alexis can give you a ride home tonight."
"What's wrong, Ark?"
"I'm a lucky guy to have you even look my way." He smiled softly, touching her cheek. "You really look beautiful tonight."
"Ark-"
"I'm sorry." He took a step back and walked away.