41

As soon as Bonnie revived in the witch house, Arkyn was by her side. Alexis had told him when Damon tried to take her body from him that she'd be back. By that time, Elena and Stefan has gone back to the boarding house.
"Never, ever do that to me again." He said, hugging her. "You hear me?"
"I'm sorry." She said. He closed his eyes and savoured the feel of her.
"Klaus is not worth your life, Bonnie." He muttered into her ear.
"There wasn't enough time to tell you. I'm sorry I made you watch me die."
"I was supposed to protect you." He said.
"You can't protect someone who doesn't want protection." She said untangling herself from his arms. She looked into his eyes. "I don't care how this ends, as long as Elena's okay."
"Bonnie-"
"You know what Elena means to me. I'm going to fight Klaus and I'm going to kill him to save her."
"He killed you tonight."
"Which means he's not expecting me to come back any time soon. We have a huge advantage." Bonnie grabbed his hand. "I'll be fine, Ark. And I'll make sure I make it back to you. Always."
"Okay." He sighed. "Are you sure this place is safe. I would much rather you come stay with Lex, Xave and I."
"If Klaus pays you a visit and finds out, this could go wrong. Don't worry. It's okay. I'm okay." She said. He sighed and got a device out of his bag. "What's that?"
"It's a MiFi. Picked it up while you were still out. I figure, if we're going to be in an abandoned witch house, we should probably have internet." He said.
"You don't have to stay down here with me, Ark."
"I know, but I have Xavier looking over Alexis to make sure she's okay so I can be here for you." He said. "I'm not letting you out of my sight."
"I need you to go and check on Elena." She pleaded. "Tell her how sorry I am for what Damon and I had to do."
"Or..." he picked up the laptop, opening it and turning it to face her. "You could tell her yourself." He clicked on the Skype link and Elena had immediately picked up.
"Bonnie!" Elena exclaimed, joyed that her best friend was still alive.
"Elena, Elena, I'm so sorry." Bonnie said.
"It's okay, it's okay." The doppelgänger assured, "I just needed to see you for myself."
"There just wasn't enough time for me to tell you." Bonnie continued, tears welling up in her eyes. Arkyn rubbed his thumb on the back of her hand, and she looked up at him. She smiled.
"It's okay, seriously." Elena said. "Damon explained it all."

The two friends continued talking for a little while longer and Arkyn moved to another room for a few minutes as he called Xavier to check on Alexis. By the time he got back to Bonnie, she'd finished talking to Elena.
"Your brother is a dick." She said as he sat next to her.
"He's not my brother." Arkyn rolled his eyes.
"Why does he want to break the sun and moon curse so bad?" Bonnie asked. "He can walk in the sun, with a ring. Werewolf bites are fatal to you so it can't be for protection."
"He doesn't." Arkyn said. Bonnie looked at him in confusion.
"What do you mean?" Arkyn sighed, torn as to whether he should tell her.
"The sun and moon curse- it doesn't exist. It's some mumbo jumbo he and Elijah came up with centuries ago."
"So why is he after Elena? What curse is he trying to break?"
"Smart girl." He praises and she folded her arms. "I told you my older sister died years before I was born, right?" Bonnie nodded. "I guess my parents went through a rough patch, because my mom sought solace in the arms of another. She got pregnant, and Klaus was born."
"Wait, so Klaus is your half brother?"
"Yeah. Esther knew there was no way she could let her shame be known, so she passed the baby off as Mikael's child. We would never have found out really, if we weren't turned into vampires. None of us could control our thirst for blood, but when Klaus took his first life he triggered the werewolf gene."
"His dad was a werewolf." Bonnie said, and Arkyn nodded. "I thought werewolves couldn't be vampires or something."
"Not usually, I suppose. If you try to turn a triggered wolf, the results are messy. But original vampires. Different rules. That full moon, Klaus began his transformation. That's when we all found out Klaus wasn't Mikael's son. Mikael got pissed. His pride had been damaged and he was always prideful. Being a vampire magnified that. He made our mother bind Klaus's werewolf side, and so she used the blood of a doppelgänger- Tatia, and a moonstone."
"That's the curse he's trying to break. So he's a werewolf and a vampire?"
"Yeah. A hybrid. It's why the daggers don't work on him. Werewolves heal from silver, and though his wolf side is bound, Klaus is still half wolf."
"Your father was an ass." Bonnie said.
"Yes, he was."
"Wait your dad was an original too, right?"
"Yes. But he's laying desiccated somewhere in the world."
"I'm sorry."
"Don't be. He's quite possibly the only person in the world worse than Klaus."
"I'm sorry you have a horrible family. Your dad, Klaus, Elijah..."
"Well, it wasn't all bad. I had Kol."
"I hope I get to meet him one day."
"Doubtful. Klaus has him daggered. I don't think he'll be revived in your lifetime."
"Unless we kill Klaus and you can get him back." She said. "And by we I mean the Salvatores and I."
"And Alexis and Xavier."
"You know?" She asked.
"I've known Alexis her entire life. I can tell when there's something up. Plus she radiates more power than she used to. And Xavier has made his feelings regarding Klaus pretty damn clear."
"Oh. I'm sorry. I tried to-"
"I know. When they make up their mind, there's no changing it." He frowned.