Chapter 13: Rumors and Legends

Chapter 13

Rumors and Legends

Hunters in the Forest of Kali were baffled, all of the monsters that was usually roaming the area near and deep inside the forest were gone.

 As they went in deeper, towards the direction of the road path, they saw a man with a cart full of monsters they were missing. The cart were made up of old tools, cut directly from the trees using nothing that resembled modern touch of technology.

The wheels were large, irregular shaped, and looked really sturdy. The cart itself were made up of filed tiles and woods cut down by monster tools. The man was in the front, hitting an E-ranked monster, a Mastodon, that pulled the cart like a slave. From the looks of the poor monster, with bloodied back and painful moans, it’s enough to put anyone into hating the man who rode him wearing a mask that hid his face.

Still, the heavy air surrounding that man was enough to put the other hunters’ words on hold.

Naturally, they could have attacked him since he was only wearing beginner clothes and doesn’t seem to have weapons. But what made them swallow the thought was the sight of the brutally murdered monsters on the cart.

Thankfully, Terroa had a rule that dead monsters would only start to rot after three days and they will respawn after the fourth day of its death. The cart and the monsters on it wasn’t decaying so there was no sort of any smell coming from there.

So basing only on the sight of how these monsters died, the thought of their deaths if the attacked the man who killed them was enough to put them on hold.

“He killed all of this?”

“It‘s been a day since the monsters disappeared.”

“Look at that broken face. That monster…urgh…”

“Over there! He plucked out its eye.”

“That‘s just gross.”

“Worst than using a sword. It‘s a murder.”

“Is he going to sell them all off?” 

“Those are a lot of D and E-ranked resources. He can get a lot of materials from them.”

Siva ignored all of the murmurs and whispers he was getting. Even the attention that he received when he got into the city’s vicinity. The SWAT guards guarding the gates did not even bother to check what he had brought, not even a question were asked as they too felt that it may lead to a sin.

Luckily, the Trade Center is just on the first corner after entering the city.

After the cart had been emptied of its luggage, the masked man went directly towards the NPC Assembly Shops in the Market Place. There, he only bade a slight glance to the crowd he gathered and entered the shop.

By the twist of luck, inside this certain establishment is the rule that only customers can enter. And so Siva glanced at them and hoped that his plan would come to a good start.

After a few hours, as the curious people who waited for the masked man to exit the shop thin out, Siva got passed them and stared at them with curiosity.

So the mask actually worked?

As he thought of that, he continued to pass through them wearing a gray colored cloak over a white long sleeve polo with an intricate design on the left sleeve. A black slacks for the bottom and boots for his feet. All of these materials came from the monsters he had hunted.