Chapter 23: Search for the Quest

Chapter 23

Search for the Quest

Their search for his descendants went smoothly after two hours. They first checked the place where he was born, then to the place where he moved, then the registry of his grand children, leading them to a place in the Central Territory, a month’s travel time from the City of Aarun.

“Who would have thought that one of Christofer‘s living descendants was a war veteran.”

“Yeah…”

Siva could only stay silent as he unwillingly listened to the conversation behind him while focusing on how Volt operated their team’s  investment, the [Cyclone], in the city hangar.

He had seen many of these things flying around and over the forest and the city. Even in the video played in the underground society, Goldwyn City, that lost teaser video of RPG: Terroa also showcased these marvels of technology right after the Mechanical Wings display. It was said to have been one of the oldest designs, yet, one of the basis designs for quick travels in and out of Walled Cities. For users, buying one of the basic unmodified [Cyclone] could cost 20 Million Zentra and that’s already four months worth of playing the game.

This only showed how much money these guys are making by being hired adventurers and explorers in Terroa. Not only they enjoy the game, they also earn money, in-game currency and real time currency.

Siva computed in his mind how long before he could buy one for himself. Hunting Herons, those T-Rex look alike not only require extreme concentration, he also had to be moving all the time just to avoid dying. Four of them, in their best quality game, costs around Z160k after two hours of fighting. And that was really tiring.

The most expensive monster he had yet to hunt was the three horned C-ranked monster, the mini rhinos, the Sigma. 

But hunting them wasn’t easy. They are the hardest amongst all his game since not only they are agile monsters contrary to their large bodies, they also had thick scales that becomes an absolute defense against his air attacks.

Including them, if he had to fight for a whole day, he would have to be first exhausted to his limit before earning Z900k. Sacrificing food, rest, and becoming a homeless wandering warrior for five days would have to be enough to give him the money to buy one basic unmodified 2nd hand [Cyclone]. 

But then again, for that Cyclone to be enough for a moving living quarters for a traveling warrior, he would have to buy some accessories, spare parts, maintenance equipments, the Windstone that was very expensive, and he also had to modify the inside of the ship to make it seem to be able to support life. 

All of this added to the computation, it would simply reach an astonishing amount of over 50 million Zentra.

In short, owning a Cyclone not only becomes limited to rich people, one would have to also become adept in fixing it in case it broke down.

And seeing Volt expertly manipulate it…Siva could only sigh.

“Alright.” Volt’s voice echoed as the Cyclone started to lift itself up from the Hangar base. “To the North!”

The three girls fastened their seatbelts and watching them, Siva did the same. The hangar roof opened up and an NPC signaling flags and light points hovered on the side of the 12m long 5m wide rectangular tube with wings and large boosters at the back.

The mechanical engine started to make a sound and the light indication that the Hoverstone panels at the base of the ship had closed flashed red. And at the next instant after the NPC outside Siva’s window brought his flag down, Volt pressed a button on his panel and a sudden jolt was felt by the whole ship as the view up front became a scene of what it seemed to be riding inside a wormhole.