Chapter 22: The First Meeting (2)

Chapter 22

The First Meeting (2)

And the rest all cross armed nodded.

A sound as if “Kuh” was heard coming from Siva’s mouth and his actions as if being choked gave him away. At that, he said hoarsely, “Are you guys serious?”

“Yes.” Replied Samara. “As you‘ve know, we are a group that are hired always by tourist companies to do explorations around the Central Continent. We’re pretty strong too. And you coming along with us will be good for both sides. The more the merrier, right?”

Hawkeye added, “Actually, as of late, it‘s been kinda boring so adding you to the group will change that.” 

Agatha spoke after drinking a sip of her coffee, “It‘s because the requests have been getting harsher and harsher from the clients, their prices for new places for development of a tourist destination have been getting lower and also…” She placed the look on Volt.

“Yeah,” Volt told Siva, “Ever since we met you that day when you fell, it kind of been our conversation to bring you along so we could have fun together.”

“Ah…I appreciate the thought.” Siva smiled but it wasn’t long. “But what I‘m actually concerned here is my personal goal and also I have a skill that will always endanger you all.”

“Skill?” Hawkeye tilted her head adorably.

“Yes. And my goal might actually hinder you all in the future. As you‘ve known, I play this game not to have fun, but to earn money. But most importantly, I‘m here to sell the MODs. I‘m not even planning to keep them for use myself.”

“That‘s extreme!”

“Yeah, I know that already. But, you guys, I actually appreciate the thought. I know all players would like to have a taste of what MODs power up are like, but I‘m not one of them. I‘d rather sell them off.”

“I understand.” Volt was still nodding, seemingly unmoved by his opposition to his worries. And at that, Hawkeye was also nodding cross armed. And then, she raised a finger that made Siva curious. 

“Are you perhaps avoiding groups with rules?”

“Rules?” Siva corrected his thoughts. “Not really. I think rules in a group is normal. Though I‘m not sure if you guys are referring to the rules of MOD acquisition.”

“But we don‘t have such rules in our group.” Samara interrupted. “You see, MODs doesn‘t get crafted out of a monster’s belly. After a fight, if a MOD carrying monster dies, that MOD automatically drops off like a normal drop, shining like a gem rock, floating in mid air. That‘s how MODs drop from monsters. And…no one else except the worthy will get the MOD.”

That’s new. Siva thought of this as he pondered. He looked at them one by one and except for the fidgeting Elsie who called herself Agatha inside the game, there were looks of satisfaction on the others’ faces.

“But what do you mean by worthy?” He asked with honest curiosity.

“Simply put.” Volt explained. “The person who had the most performance during the fight gets the right to have the MOD. And we‘re not the ones to decide with it, it‘s the system itself.”

“I see. So basically, the one who exerts the greatest effort gets to be the winner.”

“Basically. But you can always hand over the item if you want. It‘ll just crawl in mid air like a floating gem and until the worthy touched it, no one else can steal it from him or her.”