Chapter 17: Rex in the Real World

Chapter 17

Rex in the Real World

Rex woke up and felt a bit comfortable in his back touching his bed. His right leg, as usual, was aching and so to cure it, he had to walk and adjust its settings. Thankfully, the maintenance kit for the robotic leg support was delivered two days after his stay in the safe house and so he had no problem trying to cure his bad leg.

For the past month, he’d been doubling his exercise regimen and his stretches are becoming more and more athletically inclined.

He had passed through the sixth month of rehab ever since the incident. And he felt that he can finally put a few weight on the bad leg and adjust the leg support on its lowest setting. The moment he did that, the first try he walked, he fell down. There was no one to catch him and he fell down on the bench on the mini garden.

On the pain, he couldn’t help but shout.

The crashing noise and his scream was loud enough that the kids playing outside peeked on the bottom of his gate.

When they saw that he fell down, they all scattered and called for their parents and older brothers, and even sisters, to go and help him.

Rex’s fall hurt his right elbow and it made recovery from his fall harder. Then the people came and peeked below, they saw him and called out at which Rex did not try to reject since his right leg actually hurt.

He flicked his fingers and made a sound, the electric lock disengaged and the gate opened, pulling itself in for four times and some of the people who saw it made reactions of awe before they helped him stand.

“Are you alright?” The adults who helped him stand asked Rex. “How did you fell down?”

Rex checked the robotic leg support and he grimmed when he saw that one of the main shaft broke. 

“I was trying to do a new exercise regimen but I think I over adjusted it and I fell down. And now, not only does it hurt, it actually broke. I‘m in deep trouble.”

There were almost 15 people there, both children and adults, with younger ones and those around and a bit more than his age were also present. Some were all worried about him, some was just trying to join the loud commotion, some were actually helping him, and some are actually just looking at his somehow cute face.

Rex hadn’t been in the barbers so his hair was long and its slightly brown black color gave off impression of ethnicity.

His right eye had a cut that left a scar. His lips also had a scar that looked like a slash of something sharp from the upper to the lower. It gave off a bad boy aura and the young girls and adults alike marveled on how it gave additional charm on his mysteriousness.

In a very unique and rarest of the rare opportunities, they got a chance to finally see the boy next door. And just like how rumors of his coolness spread amongst the women of the neighborhood, this here was a chance that only come once in a lifetime. For that matter, the people that gathered in his house became 7:3 in favor of girls.

—young girls at that.

When Rex was finally sitting up on his bench, right leg outstretched, a teen girl quickly brought a med pack from her own house and started to cure the bruise on his right elbow. Good thing, his left arm with a cast wasn’t injured nor damaged.

As the treatment went on, that’s when he noticed that some of the people there are looking around at the small garden where they are. Some of them were old ladies.