Chapter 24: Ranked Missions

Chapter 24

Ranked Missions

Fifty years ago, there was a war.

It was dubbed The War of the Braves.

In that war, the establishment of the new frontiers were started and thus it led to the current plotline where the players of RPG: Terroa must banish the aliens and free the world of their reigns. 

In that war, where the Humans and the Terrans won back the current free territories, the Walled Cities, and the places where Humans and Terrans are living, young Aldrin Eclaire had once served as an apprentice knight.

Knights such as the late Sir Isaac Beowolf, had the backing of his title and his lineage that he was granted the privilege to train warriors as his apprentice. One of those lucky to have been personally picked by the great esteemed knight was Aldrin. During the war, though his training was incomplete, the rest of the legion where he belonged to was eradicated. Only him and Sir Beowolf was the sole survivors of the surprise attack.

 As he opened his eyes from this unrealistic dream, he saw five faces, one at which he reached using his time woven hand just to touch the dried marks of battle.

Seventy year old Aldrin Eclaire, with a body eaten up by an incurable terminal disease, traced the scars on Siva’s face and made a contented smile as he opened his mouth and spoke the words, “How nostalgic.” with a trembling voice.

“Those scars are from fighting a Cleopa.”

Siva was shocked and amazed as he raised his head to look at his companions. Then he looked at their host, Andrea Eclaire, with doubtful eyes.

Andrea nodded with a weak smile and Siva held the frail hand and with a stern expression said, “You have a sharp eye there, sir.”

The old warrior laughed and used all his strength to grab on to the young hand in his hand.

“You, young lad, had eyes of a warrior. I can see my old master in you, he, alone at that time, charged into the ranks of the dreaded demons and killed a hundred of them and still made sure that I will go back alive to tell his tale. Oh…time surely passes by…”

“It does.” Siva agreed rather forcefully.

“But young warrior, surely, you didn‘t come here to hear of an old man‘s tale.”

“Actually…” Again, he looked up to check for their host’s reaction and upon seeing that she agreed, Siva let go of his restraints and told him straightly. “I came here to ask of your great ancestor, Christofer Eclaire.”

“Ah…” At that moment, the old man’s eyes became that of a strong willed person and the life in his eyes wandered throughout the corners of the room. And as he had confirmed that nobody else was inside except for them, he spoke again. “What do you want to ask?”

“About him and his work, Clemente‘s Demise.”

The old man’s face hardened as soon as he heard it and although Siva sensed that he was getting at some place, Andrea suddenly kneeled down and checked his grand father’s vitals.

“He‘s weak.” She told Siva. “I think that‘s enough for today. Let‘s have him rest.”

Siva stood up and could only let the grandchild take over but then as soon as he motioned to walk away, the old man’s hand suddenly gripped his left hand.

“Wait…” The old man forced a weak voice. “What do you want to ask me? What of that book?” 

Steeling his resolve, Siva faced the man and spoke up in a solid tone.