Chapter 20: Problem Solved

Chapter 20

Problem Solved

“What is this?” Elsie’s brows curled in puzzlement and Rio and Matt got curious so they also peeked in.

“What are those words?”

The two looked at each other as the same words came out of their mouths at the same time. Then they did a loud hmp with each other and continued to check the list of words.

At that, Anna came back and handed Matt his glass of water. Matt received the glass and in his place, Anna squeezed in on the two.

“What are these words?” She asked.

“It’s something I picked up in the internet.” Rex answered. “I was looking for treasure maps so I tried to surf the net and then I came across this weird rumor and tried to investigate it. So when I heard Matt earlier…”

“Ah!” Matt let out a sound as if he had realized something. “So…oh…I see…from the sound of it, you seem to be a Book Gamer.”

“Book Gamer?” Anna asked, tilting her head. And even Rex wasn’t familiar of the term. 

“These are gamers who first plan how they are going to play the game.” Matt lent an open hand as he started to explain. “Usually these are gamers that first research the game, write down their strategy plan, then adjust on that plan according to how they have decided to play the game. But this list…Dex, are you perhaps already playing Terroa?”

“Oh…well I‘m…ah…” On that short pause, Matt had a strange glint on his eyes before a victorious smile emerged on his lips. 

“Oh no.”

“Not again.”

Elsie had the narrow eyed expression looking at Matt while Anna kept on staring at the list of words. When Matt got close to Rex, he had his hand lowered to him in a way that made him look like a prince reaching for a weakened knight.

“Dex, if it is possible…would you like me to be your private engineer?”

“Engineer?”

The term itself sounded fresh but it was not new since Rex himself had been called like that by the NPC shop keeper. 

Engineers are the newest trend of players in Terroa. Swordsmen, Mages, Archers, these are all the classes that’s already been tried and tested throughout the gaming generations. 

But no other game except RPG: Terroa had actually given players the freedom to wield and create their own specific weapons. In that regard, the versatile weapons experts (players with 2 or more weapons) are officially called Engineers. And Engineers aren’t only limited as fighters. 

Though it was given that there is no smith job in the game, but once a player created a weapon from the NPC shops, then automatically, he can always sell that weapon. Thus, business and Arms Trading are made.

“Don‘t listen to him!” Rio interrupted. “I‘ll engineer your weapons! What type of fighter are you? Are you a hyper melee? A ranger? A Wizard? Or all of it?”

“Heh! As if your designing skills are in par with mine? All you can do is design basic functioning things that can be made by everyone.”

“Hey! Not everyone can use my designs!”

“Oh yeah I forgot, they can be made by everyone but no one can use them!”

“Compared to yours! Not only they‘re exclusive for melee fighters, the materials for them are all too rare to a normal hunter to find! In short, they‘re a lot worse than my designs!”