Riding to Rivendell

The ride to Rivendell was usually an easy one but it seemed like odds were against them from the moment they left Gondor. Once they have left the Gondor area and you couldnt see it in the distance anymore it was like they had a target on their backs. They were instantly attacked by a group of trolls which was surprising because Aragorn knew that they werent here earlier when he got the letter from Rivendell or the soldiers would have been taking care of it before he left the castle.

The attack was so quick and u expected that they had lost ten men in what seemed like seconds. Quickly getting a hold on the situation Aragorn made a quick plan in his head and ordered his men in different directions and soon the trolls were done with. Catching their breath the soldiers all looked at eachother and their king knowing instantly that this attack was planned and Aragorn sighed. "You two" he pointed to two soldiers "Ride back to the castle have the other soldiers on high alert watching the city." The soldiers nodded taking off and Aragorn turned to the rest of his men. "We continue to ride for Rivendell." They rid as fast as possible but this time they were on alert keeping their eyes open for any trouble. Suddenly arrows came flying at them and they all ducked for cover. Aragorn glanced at one of his men who was shot off his horse and looked at the arrow covered in green slime. "Their poisoned" he yelled to his men and everyone took even more cover. Legolas shot arrow after arrow with other archers taking out the archers of orks that were shooting the poisoned arrows. Soon the situation was under control once again and they continued on their way to Rivendell. Some soldiers complained saying it seemed like they were being led into a trap which Aragorn didnt doubt one bit.

The unsettling feeling hung over Aragorn again but he kept pushing threw just figuring that maybe it was because he was worried about something happening to him or Legolas. As the trip continued they stopped to set up camp for the night which most of the soldiers were worried about. Aragorn stretched his legs out sitting under a tree smoking and thinking. Legolas approached slowly and sat down next to him where their hips were slightly touching.
"What's on your mind Aragorn?" Legolas asked quietly. Aragorn let out a puff of smoke and sighed. "Something just doesnt feel right I have felt it all day and it's just getting stronger by the minute." Legolas nodded looking around then rested his head on Aragorn's shoulder. "I've felt it to...I was surprised you wanted to stop for the night I thought we would ride till morn" Aragorn took another big puff of his pipe and wrapped his free arm around Legolas "I wanted to but some of the men needed rest due to the attacks I didnt want to risk traveling while tired."

Legolas hummed a bit and suddenly stood looking around his eyes wide. This made Aragorn jump up as well. "What's wrong?" Legolas shook his head. "Shhh" They both stood quietly listening then heard a commotion going on back towards camp. Both of them took off running back to camp and saw flames licking at the tents and horses dead on the ground. "What happened?" Aragorn yelled at his men looking around.
"They came out of no where sir it was so sudden. They fled though on foot deeper into the woods." Aragorn was lost on what to do he was confused looking around at the camp that was now destroyed. Some of his men were bleeding out on the grounds while the rest just stood there waiting for their orders. Legolas stepped forward. "Alright you men take those buckets and get water from the stream to start putting out these fires." Looking at another bunch of men he shouted more orders "All of you go gather up as much of the supplies and horses that are left, and you men" he looked at the medical group. "Do your jobs and help those men before they bleed out." He pointed at the wounded.

Aragorn stood shocked at Legolas's quick action to get things under control. Legolas walked back to him and frowned shaking him a bit. "Mellonin are you alright? Let's get everything under control here and then make a decision on what to do next." Aragotn seemed to snap out of his shock quickly and shook his head. "We need to gather some men and go into those woods and chase down whoever did this." Legolas shook his head "Aragorn half the men ate injured, our horses are gone, and we are now very low on supplies we need to regroup and think of a plan or we are all gonna get hurt." Aragorn stood quietly then nodded knowing Legolas was right. "Your right, your absolutely right, I'm sorry, I dont know what I was thinking." Legolas grabbed Aragorn's hands tightly and lifted them to his mouth kissing them. "Everything is going to be fine."

Aragorn nodded and looked around again. "What are we going to do whoever attacked us is probably already gone." Legolas turned back toward Aragorn and put a hand on his shoulder. "We will find them you and me are very good at tracking" Aragorn nodded walking over to where the horses were and frowned. Most of the horses were dead or injured and Aragorn was wondering how they were supposed to catch up to their attackers or make it to Rivendell on time.

After what seemed like hours the camp was finally settled down and back on track of things. The wounded were being carted to rivendell and the dead were being carted back to Gondor. This of course took up all the available horses and carts and also split the soldiers as well. Aragorn had to make sure to send enough back with the dead in case they got ambushed. It had been decided that they werent going to chase after the attackers that it was more important to get to Rivendell quickly.  Amerging from the forests they finally spotted Rivendell in the distance. There was heavy smoke rising and Aragorn and Legolas both gave eachother a look of worry. Hurrying they quickly made the rest of their way to Rivendell and froze in their tracks at the site in front of them.