Impossible

Morning seemed to come to quickly and both groups of troops were still exhausted. Aragorn had woken up by the break of dawn and was sitting smoking his pipe just looking out towards the woods where Galadriel's men were sure the enemy had gone.

Aragorn's mind had been raising all morning. How could the enemy have attacked both groups and no one see anything and still be so far ahead of them. There had to be a explanation but what? Was there multiple groups of Enemies? If so how many? What were they up against?

Legolas had slept exceptionally well last night after Aragorn's night terror. Stretching he looked round the tent frowning then stepped out into the bright sunlight. His eyes immediately settled on Aragorn sitting under a tree seeming to be in his own world.

"Mellonin, how long have you been out here." Legolas asked Aragorn as he got closer seeing the dark circles under his eyes. Aragorn didnt seem to have heard Legolas he was still just starring out into the forest.
"Aragorn.... ARAGORN!" Legolas said loudly when Aragorn still didnt acknowledge him.

Slowly Aragorn looked at Legolas "You dont have to shout I heard you" turning back to the forest Aragorn sighed. "Everyone seems to have heard you" he said as some of the camp seemed to turn away from the pair and get back to whatever it is they were doing.

Legolas stood watching Aragorn for a second then noticed Galadriel now coming towards them. "My scouts have arrived back and they said the enemy is no where in site... but that it seems their course is leading them towards Gondore."

Aragorn felt like the air was knocked out of him and found it hard to catch his breath. No...no...no they cant be heading there. Angel is there and his people. Quickly standing Aragorn almost fell over he suddenly felt extremely sick and his vision was blurry. Still not able to catch his breath he started to panic and felt cold and hot all at the same time.

Legolas stood motionless when he heard Galadriel's words. Breaking from his shock he watched as Aragorn began to panic and quickly reached for him.
"Aragorn calm down your having a panic attack." Watching helplessly Legolas looked at Galadriel not knowing what to do Aragorn seemed to not be hearing him. As soon as it started it ended. Aragorn collapsed to the ground taking Legolas with him.

"Aragorn... Aragorn" Legolas pleaded shaking his friend. Some of the men ran over and Galadriel ordered them to pick up Aragorn and take him to a medic tent.
Fallowing behind Legolas was lost on what to do. They didnt have time for this Gondore was in trouble the enemy was heading that way and the city was left unprotected. Jumping into action Legolas left the tent and started rounding up men. "We need to ride as fast to Gondore as we can they dont know trouble is heading their way and the people are left defenseless." Grabbing his horse Legolas got on quickly and looked at Galadriel "Stay here with Aragorn and the rest of the men. I need to go protect Gondor"

Taking off quickly Legolas and the half the men took off quickly towards Gondor. Legolas couldnt remember if he ever road this fast but all he could think about was Aragorn's daughter Angel back at the castle unprotected and everyone not knowing what was coming their way. Even him and the men riding had no idea what they were riding towards just that they needed to get to Gondor quick before it ended up like Rivendale.

Aragorn awoke sitting up coughing and dry heaving. Looking around he was in a darkened tent alone. Not remembering how he got there it took him  second to remember what had happened and his eyes bugged out. Quickly leaving the tent he spotted Galadriel sitting by a fire. "We need to move now, where is Legolas" as Aragorn walked he soon felt light headed again and fell to his knees.

"You are in no shape to travel Aragorn you need your rest" Galadriel said sadly and softly. Knowing Aragorn was going to argue with her words but it was true he hadn't slept, ate, he had a panic attack hours ago that left him knocked out and now he could barely stand. Galadriel knew it was from the trip to Rivendale and now to here Aragorn looked terrible.

Aragorn shook his head "No we need to go I have to get to my daughter" getting up Aragirn soon fell down again. "Legolas! We need to go" Aragorn looked around wildly where was Legolas why wasnt he helping him.

"Legolas left with some of the men to ride to Gondor, they believe they can get there before the enemy, or at least aid in the fight they walk into"

Aragorn shook his head feeling defeated. No Legolas and Angel could both be hurt and he wont be there for them. Looking up Aragorn felt the tears in his eyes "please we need to go I will be able to ride" Galadriel shook her head and before Aragorn knew what was going on he felt a sharp stick in his neck and passed out again.

Galadriel frowned looking at the man now passed out on the ground from the medicine they gave him. "Take him back to the tent we will leave in the morning."
Galadriel sat looking into the fire fear and sadness washing over her. What were they going to see tomorrow, was Gondor still going to be standing or would be a pile of fire, rubble, ash, and blood just like Rivendale.