Peace Offering

Legolas had raced to Gondor as fast as he possibly could. When he reached the city his horse practically fell over from being pushed so hard. Arriving at the castle Legolas hurried in and heard Angel screaming to be let go.

"Let me go!!!" Her screams carried down the hall towards him. Picking up his pace Legolas burst three the door and saw the nanny and advisor both gripping Angel tightly trying to drag her threw one of the back doors.

"What's going on here?" They both turned to look at him with surprise in their eyes. This gave Angel a opportunity to break free and she kicked wildly giving  the nanny a good kick to the stomach and then turned quickly and kicked the advisor hard in the shin.

Breaking free she ran towards Legolas with tears running down her face.
"Uncle Legolas help they are trying to give me away"
Legolas instantly was confused and concerned and pushed the little girl behind him.
"What is she talking about it" he glared at the two people that were left to take care of Angel.
The advisor was the first to speak.
"Were just playing a game." Legolas rose an eye brow and cocked his head. "A game...she looks petrified, I dont believe you were playing any game."
Angel grabbed hold of Legolas's cloack and pulled on it "Uncle Legolas they are trying to give me away to a bad man" just as Kegolas went to ask what Angel was talking about the maid cut him off.

"Be quiet little one and let's go" she walked over reaching for Angel and Legolas moved blocking the way.
"No let her speak I want to hear what she has to say."
Crouching down Legolas went to talk to Angel when he got a blow to the head from behind. Falling he could hear Angel's screams and saw her be grabbed and dragged away. Trying to get up he felt another blow and went unconscious.

Legolas POV:

Coldness was the first thing he felt then hardness. Trying to open his eyes dizziness and sickness hit him head on. Taking a shakey breath Legolas collected himself and let his other senses take over. Laying his hands flat against the surface he was laying on he felt hardness, coldness, and a little dampness coming to the conclusion he was laying on a stone floor. Taking a breath he could smell dampness, mugginess. Opening one eye just a little he noticed there wasnt alot of light and then noticed bars. Oh he knew where he was he was in Gondor dungeons.

Taking a few more minutes to gather himself he slowly sat up. Hit with dizziness again he raised a hand to the pain coming from the back of his head and slowly moved his hand forward again looking at it. Blood was smeared on his finger tips, frowning he tried to remember why he would have a head injury and why would he be locked in a cell. Suddenly everything came flooding back to him and he quickly stood walking over to the front of cell.

"Hey you need to let me out of here I need to see the princess" a guard walked over slowly and smiled at Legolas.
"Everything will be fine the kingdom is saved thanks to her sacrifice"
"Sacrifice!" Legolas yelled "she is a child the princess of your kingdom, your kings daughter"

The guard just shook his head ignoring Legolas's words "the kingdom is safe that's all that matters"
This pissed Legolas off he felt rage bowling inside him and reached his arms out threw the bars and grabbed the guard by the throat pulling him closer choking him.
"Let me out of here now"
The guard nodded his head but the moment the doors were unlocked Legolas got knocked back not realizing more guards had came forward.
Hit after hit he took as they punched and kicked him to a pulp and then left him there in the cell. No one came by to check on him or anything. Legolas lost track of how long he was in that cell and had no clue about what could be going on in the world above.

Defeat was what he felt, he let them take Angel away, he was powerless and they took her away.
What was Aragorn going to think, surely he would want nothing to do with Legolas anymore.

One day the door opened but Legolas just kept his head down not saying a word or moving let them kill him.
Hearing his name he still didnt move he thought it was a cruel trick of his mind but when his eyes met those of Aragorn he felt some relief but then over wellming sadness.

"I tried, I swear, I tried...but....but...I wasn't strong enough, they took her, she was handed right over to them and they took her. I can still hear her screaming for help the fear in her eyes... AND NO ONE DID ANYTHING!!!!"

He looked down again feeling the tears rolling down his cheeks and his body shook. He felt arms wrap around him pulling him close.
Loving words were whispered against his ear but he couldnt hear them suddenly darkness took over again and everything went quiet.